Monday, January 5, 2015

Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bronze Shimmer

Hello!


Happy New Year! I hope you had wonderful holidays!

In today's blog I am bringing to you the Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss in Bronze Shimmer. I am pretty sure that the first reason why I bought this was because my local Walgreens was having a sale on Revlon lip products plus a Walgreens coupon plus I had a $2.00 off Revlon lip product manufacturer's coupon. I unfortunately did not keep the receipt so I do not remember officially what happened, but I am going to try to recollect my memory. In my local Walgreens weekly AD this Revlon lip product was advertised for $6.99 which was a sale price because these lipglosses are usually at least $8.00 and above. In that same AD with the advertised price they were also advertising their register rewards so if you just came in and bought the Revlon lipgloss you would pay $6.99 plus get register reward that can be used on anything in the store except Revlon lip products. I believe the register reward was worth about $3.00. Plus the Walgreens store coupon booklet had a $1.00 off coupon and Revlon was offering a manufacturer coupon online for $2.00 off. I wanted to try Revlon lipglosses, but always found them to be a bit on the expensive side so when I saw this I got super excited and decided to try it.

Walgreens Revlon Lipgloss sale was $6.99 plus a $3.00 RR
-I used the Walgreens booklet coupon (which is also known as an in store coupon) -$1.00
-I used a Revlon lip product manufacturer's coupon for -$2.00
$6.99-$1.00=$5.99-$2.00=$3.99
I spent $3.99 plus tax out of pocket which ended up being a little over $4.00 plus I got a $2.00-$3.00 RR that I could use for anything in the store except of course Revlon lip products because they have that thing where you can't use the RR for the same company that you got it from. I'm honestly unsure why it works that way.

Realistically I spent $3.99 plus tax out of pocket, but in theory since I did get a $3.00 RR I could say that the Revlon Colorburst Lipgloss only cost me $0.99 plus tax which would be just over a $1.00. I don't feel right saying that because I can't use the RR in the same transaction so I did pay $4.00+ in cash and then got the RR that I could use in a future purchase. The $3.00 RR in my mind is cancelled out by the $3.00 I paid in cash. I see it as I gave Walgreens $3.00 to hold on to and they printed me a piece of paper that says I paid them $3.00. Almost like a savings bond, but without accruing interest.

Anyway, enough of that. Now on to the review.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 7/10
Longevity: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Smell: 8/10
Taste: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Normal/Dry Lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total rating: 111/120=92.5%=A

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments:
I think the original price of $8.00 plus is a bit expensive for a lip gloss so I took a point off for that, but I got it for half the price so I think that is good. I would definitely pay $4.00 for this lipgloss.
The packaging is simple, but cute. It is a square long clear tube with a square black cap. I have not had any problems with the packaging leaking or anything which is always exciting!
I feel that you do get a decent amount of product even for the price.
This lipgloss is called colorburst so I was definitely expecting it to have color, but they do call it bronze shimmer which means it has some pigment, but not a ton. I was a bit disappointed by that. This lipgloss is more glossy/shimmery than pigment.
This lipgloss lasts as long as normal lipglosses. It also depends on how often you lick your lips or if you are eating/drinking. If you don't do a lot with your lips then it lasts, but if you do a lot of things with your lips then it does wear out quicker.
The application of this lipgloss is smooth and even. I like the doe foot applicator they have in the cap to apply the product. It is the perfect size for my lips.
This lipgloss has a slight scent to it, but it's more chemical like than a good smell. It's not overpowering. I do prefer my lipglosses to have a super strong sweet scents so I'm not a big fan of neutral/slight chemical smells.
The aftertaste is not bad for this lipgloss, but once again it does have a bit of a chemical aftertaste. I definitely prefer my lipglosses to have a sweet aftertaste instead of a slight chemical aftertaste. It's not horrible like some lipglosses, but it is there.
The texture of this lipgloss is that it is not thick or sticky feeling.
I would recommend this product for dry lips because it does go over dry lips well to even and smooth them out, especially in this color. This lipgloss color gives a very nude look to the lip.
Overall, I am a fan of this lipgloss. I think I'm a huge fan because of the pigment of it. It seems like whenever I try to buy nude/brownish tints in NYX lipglosses, at least on me, they always seem to come off very orange which I don't like. The NYX lipgloss I have in Natural comes off very orange like for me. With the Revlon lipgloss I feel like it better represents the nude pigment. I love the shimmery color and it is definitely what I am looking for when I need a cute nude shimmery lipgloss. I just wish that they smelled and tasted better.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment