Saturday, May 26, 2012

MAC Mini-Haul 05/26/2012

Hi fellow makeup fans!





Today I went to Macy's because I wanted to try to find a foundation that actually comes close to my skintone. As we pulled up I had remembered that it was Memorial day weekend and it is a Saturday= bad combination because it's harder to get the sales girls to actually focus on what they are doing. I never have a good experience with the MAC girls at this particular location. Anyway, so I was looking around. Finally I get the attention of one of the sales associates. I told her that I was looking for foundation to match my skintone. The music must have been too loud and she must not have heard me say that I was not asking for her help to figure out which MAC foundation I should buy. She asked me what kind of skin type I had and I told her that I have the oily T-zone and dry on the cheeks. She suggested that I should try the MAC matchmaster foundation because it has oil in it. I said okay. We went over so she could do the swatch on my cheeks. I am apparently a 2.0 in matchmaster foundation, or closest to it. Although, it took a while to figure out because when I first asked her she told me 33. I was confused and asked what she meant by that and she told me that was the price even though I asked what the foundation number was. Later, I figured out she was trying to get me to buy the more expensive foundation. I don't know if that was her exact reason. I asked her what foundation that would translate into Studio Fix and she looked at me as though I grew 3 heads in front of her. I had to try to figure out which Studio Fix liquid foundation came closest to my skin on my own. I was really hoping for some help. I swatched NC25 and NW25 on my cheeks. I liked the way the NC25 looked on me so I bought it and am going to play around with that to see how it works out for me. I will let you know!

This is only my third MAC mini hauls. I have had two previous ones within a little over a year before I started this blog. I will probably do a little blog or video about my small MAC collection.

I was looking for the fashion sets collection. They had a very small one from what I saw. I think they had colors that they were not supposed to have, they were Morange, Please Me and Impassioned which are not part of the U.S.A. fashion sets according to MAC Cosmetics website. They did have Snob, Girl About Town, and Russian Red. I really wish they had Myth, Spice, Ravishing and Chestnut because I would have loved to try those colors! Oh well.

I went up to the register and asked the girl working behind there for the things I was looking for. She was was friendly and helpful. I asked her if they carried the MAC Prep and Prime Skin Smoother that I saw on the website, but they didn't. They just carried the translucent powder which I already have from EyesLipsFace which I am  happy with for now. She helped me to color match a lipglass to the lipstick I bought from the 'Hey, Sailor!' collection.  

 To make a long story short. Now onto what I actually bought in my mini-Mac-haul. 
  • MAC Studio Fix Foundation in NC25
  • MAC Fix+ Skin Refresher/Finishing Mist
  • MAC 'Hey, Sailor' Collection Lipstick in 'To Catch a Sailor' (not part of permanent collection)
  • MAC Lustreglass in Sinnamon


I am very excited to try these out, show you swatches of the products, and can't forget to review them =-) I will try to post pictures some time later. Yesterday my digital camera decided to die on me and I don't have double A's. But we might be going out later so I will pick those up!

I was a naughty girl. I promised myself that I would stay away from buying MAC's special limited collection items because I am the type of person that when I like something I want to have the option of buying more of the product, but I could not resist buying this lipstick. It is very cute. Oh I did some swatches of some of the lip liners from the 'Hey, Sailor!' collection. I liked those, but I stayed away from buying them. I swatched Shore Leave and Saunter on my hand. I really liked Shore Leave! It is a very pretty color. The blue eyeshadow was pigmented, but I was not super impressed with it.

Sincerely
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment