Tuesday, May 29, 2012

My Previous MAC mini-hauls

 

Hi fellow makeup fans!

 

My First MAC Haul, in May of 2011 (in store):

Even though I did not do a blog or a video about my first MAC mini-haul I bought back in May of 2011, I just wanted to share the excitement and the few items that I first bought for my very first MAC collection! I went on MAC Cosmetics website I think for a few months before I finally figured out that maybe I should check to see the nearest location to me was so I could actually go there. One day I thought of it. I was overwhelmed by all of the products that I saw laid out before my eyes. I was very impressed with their MAC Surf Baby Collection. I knew I wanted foundation and from the website I had a suggestion of which one so I tried the NW20 in Studio Fix Fluid. I asked the mac salesperson a suggestion for what eye shadows I should put together, she asked how many I wanted, I told her three. She suggested a white, a light brown, and a shimmery pink color. That is how I found out about the different types of eye shadows MAC has like lustre, matte, velvet, etc. I had no idea what it was all about. I already had a white eye shadow so I just bought one in Gleam and one in Quarry. They are very pretty colors. I believe I asked her about the eye primer so she suggested the paint pots. At first when I got home I found out that the paint pot is not an actual eye primer so I was kind of mad for a while, that is until I figured out that the paint pot had multiple uses and one of them was as an eye shadow primer. I did youtube research and found out that the paint pots were a lot better than the actual primers, so then I felt better once I found that out. I got the paint pot in Bare Study. I asked about bronzers so she showed me the different ones and I bought one in Golden because I wanted it look like a bronzer, but not over the top. I have light medium skin so I thought Golden would be perfect.

My first MAC makeup kit was:
  • Studio Fix Fluid foundation in NW20
  • Bronzing Powder in Golden
  • Paint Pot in Bare Study
  • Eye shadow in Gleam 
  • Eye shadow in Quarry 

 

My Second MAC Mini-Haul, date unsure (in store):

A few months after I bought my first MAC products in store, it was probably around July of 2011 sometime that I went back to buy a few more items. I had been once again looking at MAC Cosmetics online website for a few weeks before going to my local Macy's to buy the products. I was very into lip liners so I was looking online for those. I went to the store with the specific purpose of buying a face primer and a lip liner. I went there once again amazed at all of the products they had at their little counter at our Macy's. I looked around at their items like I did before. I ended up trying on the Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage. It was the cheaper out of all of the face primers so I decided to try it. A few months after buying it I realized that it had glitter in it which was disappointing because I have large red pores and I had heard from one of the youtube guru's that sparkly glitter on the face draws attention to large pores. It was a bit disappointing, but I used it and I could not tell that it made my pores appear larger than usual. I first noticed the bottle was glitter on the outside because of the way the light hit it. Then I realized that the sparkles/glitter was actually in the primer.I asked the salesperson help on picking out a lip cremestick liner. She swatched them and I picked out the color I thought would be the lighter so that the lip liner would not stick out when I wore lipgloss or lipstick. I picked out the Sublime Culture cremestick. I of course had to try a MAC lipstick. I believe she also helped me to pick it out. I had seen one that I really liked, but then I forgot which one it was. We went through a lot of them to find this one. I am still not convinced this is the one I had originally picked out, but I really fell in like with this one! It was the Gleam lipstick. 

My added MAC products were:
  • Prep and Prime Skin Base Visage
  • Sublime Culture Cremestick Liner
  • Gleam lipstick which is a Glaze (A31)

 

My Third MAC Mini-Haul, May 11, 2012, (online MACcosmetics.com)

I made my third MAC purchase online because I had started looking at their website. I found out about their fashion sets which I had been looking at a lot. I really wanted to try the colors! I did research on youtube to see the color swatches of the fashion sets, but it was really hard to find because people have different lip color which varies the colors of the lipstick and lipglass. I have always wanted red lipstick. I will admit that I also bought the Russian Red Faahion Set in lipstick and lipglass because I was born in Russia and I thought the name sounded cool =-D I knew that no matter what I was going to buy it so I did. I needed to add another two products and I didn't know which other Fashion Set I wanted, so that I could get the free shipping. I didn't have a red lip liner or concealer so I decided to try the lip cremestick liner in red enriched and to try out the Studio Finish Concealer in NW20. 

My next added MAC products were:
  • Red Enriched Cremestick Liner
  • Russian Red lipstick which is a Matte (A12)
  • Russian Red lipglass (AB1)
  • Studio Finish Concealer in NW20

   

My Fourth MAC Mini-Haul, May of 2012, (in store):

The one I wrote about this past Saturday. You can go to that one to read about this haul. 

What I bought on Saturday's mini-haul:
  • Studio Fix Fluid foundation in NC25
  • Fix + face refresher/finishing mist
  • To Catch a Sailor lipstick which is a Frost (limited)
  • Sinnamon Lustreglass (A31)

 

Random:

  • Beauty Marked eye shadow which is a Velvet  

Thank you so much for reading this and sharing in my excitement about my very first MAC in store shopping experience and my online MAC shopping experience. I hope it was fun reading. I will eventually get reviews and swatches of all of my MAC products that I currently have. I do have one more eye shadow that I did not buy, but I have. 

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment