Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Skin Care Advice and Tips

Hi fellow makeup fans!

 

Skin care advice:

I was just watching a few videos and I stumbled upon a youtube guru whose username is DiamondsandHeels14. I just watched her video titled along the lines of why it is okay to see some breakouts when trying out new skin care products. It made a lot of sense. The skin has many layers and it can take some time to really test out a skin care product. I know that I write about how I was going to test the Clinique skin care 3-step system for two weeks and then bring down my use of the product to either use less product or use only once a day. After thinking about it some more I have decided that I am going to use the product the way it was intended for at least a month because then that way I can see if it is actually working. Then use less product twice a day to maintain clean skin.

I think I mentioned in my Clinique 3-step system blog that the Clinique website video suggests using the product for at least two weeks even if there are minor breakouts because it could mean that it is working instead of making things worse or having negative reactions to a product. They definitely prepare you for at least a couple of weeks of dealing with a really deep cleansing of all the layers of the skin all the way down. I think they do that because the first couple of weeks are all about the deep cleansing of the skin layers and then using it after that helps to maintain cleansed skin. Someone in another youtube video I think mentioned that the Clinique 3-step system also helped to even out their skin tone because they had some dark spots that really stood out, but then after using the product, the darkness didn't stand out as much. I will have to agree with that because I have noticed the redness in my skin is evening out also.

There is some debate on this topic though. There are some people that say that if a product makes you break out a little bit that it means that the product is bad and that you should stop using it because the products are not supposed to make you break out at all. No company wants to advertise that their product takes time to work and that it is going to break someone out because then they will be less likely to actually buy it. But to realize that there are no quick fixes to anything is a good thing.

I found out some information that I found very important and wanted to share with everyone!
 

My tips for testing skin care products:

 When you are testing out skin care products it is a good idea to test it out for some period of time to really get the correct idea of whether a product does what it claims to do. I would say use the product for at least a month. Definitely stop using the product if it is causing major skin irritations like burning sensations, not the light cleaning sensations that tingle, but actual burning. If it is making you majorly break out for more than two weeks. If you notice a major increase in blemishes. Any type of hurting. If there are any skin irritations like turning the skin red or if you have red skin even redder in color. If it is drastically drying out your skin. If you are not feeling comfortable with using the product I would say then don't use it.


I really hope that this post has helped you! As always, thank you for reading. Until next time!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment