Thursday, March 7, 2013

Rue 21 Clear Lip Gloss

 

 

Hi everyone!

A couple of years ago, I would say about 3 or so, a couple of female friends and I decided to have a girls day by going out on a little shopping spree. We hopped in the car and off we went to an outdoor mall. I had never really heard or shopped at Rue 21 at that time so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I ended up buying a pair of pants, a belt, and 3 lip gloss that were either on sale or a buy 3 for a certain price. I think they may have been on sale for like 99cents each or something. They were right by the register. As you may have been reading in my blog I used to collect lip gloss every where I went. I had to buy lip gloss of some kind.

I did research on the official Rue 21 website (rue21.com). Rue 21 has their beauty products listed on their website under the For Girls tab and then under RUEBEAUTE then there is a little tab called lips. They apparently still sell a clear lip gloss in a similar package of the plastic tube. I'm not sure if it is the formula as the one I have, but for only $1.99 

In this blog I am going to be reviewing the Rue 21 Clear Lip Gloss. All of the product information has been rubbed off so I have no idea if it was part of a special collection because both the clear and the silver lip glosses have cute hearts on the packaging.

*Fair warning: the product as seen in this blog has been discontinued, but Rue 21 has a similar clear lip gloss with a different name, Pink Ice Tube Lips, even though the product does not appear pink, it appears clear. The plastic tube packaging is the same. I have no idea about the formulas.*

 

RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
On different lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy it again: 10/10
Total: 117/120=97.5%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A

Comments: I thought I paid about 99 cents each for the 3 lip glosses I bought. The website says these are $1.99 which is also not bad on pricing. The packaging is simple, but cute, it's what most lip glosses come in now a days. I do like the cute red heart on the packaging as an added. For the price you get a decent amount of product. This lip gloss is just a simple clear lip gloss. This lip gloss lasts as long as other lip glosses. This lip gloss doesn't really have a smell. I do prefer lip glosses that have even a hint of a sweet scent, but since it doesn't have one it is very versatile for those who don't like scents. The taste and after taste of this lip gloss is pretty waxy with a bit of chemical. It's not the worst I have tasted, but I don't like it. The texture of this lip gloss is that it does go on a little bit thick, but once it settles into the lips it doesn't feel as thick. I wouldn't say it's sticky. The application is smooth and even. This is a perfect lip gloss for both dry and non dry lips as well as all different skin colors. It's a very nice clear lip gloss to make the lips appear smooth and hydrated. Even though I can't buy this specific packaging, I would definitely buy their currently clear lip gloss. It's cheap and it works. For most other even drug store brands of clear lip gloss are more than that. The only brands I can think of, if they offer clear lip gloss, are Lip Smackers, Wet and Wild, and New York Color. These companies have 99 cent products.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment