Thursday, March 7, 2013

Rue 21 Silver Glittery Lip Gloss

 

 

Hi everyone!

A couple of years ago, I would say about 3 or so, a couple of female friends and I decided to have a girls day by going out on a little shopping spree. We hopped in the car and off we went to an outdoor mall. I had never really heard or shopped at Rue 21 at that time so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I ended up buying a pair of pants, a belt, and 3 lip gloss that were either on sale or a buy 3 for a certain price. I think they may have been on sale for like 99cents each or something. They were right by the register. As you may have been reading in my blog I used to collect lip gloss every where I went. I had to buy lip gloss of some kind.

I did research on the official Rue 21 website (rue21.com). Rue 21 has their beauty products listed on their website under the For Girls tab and then under RUEBEAUTE then there is a little tab called lips. They apparently still sell a clear lip gloss in a similar package of the plastic tube. I'm not sure if it is the formula as the one I have, but for only $1.99 

In this blog I am going to be reviewing the Rue 21 Clear Lip Gloss. All of the product information has been rubbed off so I have no idea if it was part of a special collection because both the clear and the silver lip glosses have cute hearts on the packaging. I cannot find a silver/shimmery lip gloss like this one under the RUEBEAUTE tab. They have a lot of varieties of pinks on there though. I am going to assume that silver lip glosses have been discontinued.

*Fair warning: the product packaging has been discontinued. I am assuming the product in this specific lip gloss has been discontinued.*

 

RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 9/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 10/10
Overall product: 9/10
Would I buy it again: 5/10
Total: 111/120=92.5%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A

Comments: I thought I bought this on sale for 99 cents, but the other lip glosses I looked up were about $1.99 which isn't bad either. The packaging is simple, but cute, it comes in packaging very similar to most lip glosses. I like that it has a red heart on the packaging. You definitely get a decent amount of product for the price. In the packaging this lip gloss looks silver, but I think it was meant to be a clear lip gloss with tons of glitter. I took a point off because it looks like it should have some pigment, but it doesn't have any. It definitely looks like it's supposed to be glittery and it definitely is. This lip gloss lasts just as long as normal lip glosses. This lip gloss has a neutral smell, but I feel that it tries to have a sweet smell. This lip gloss I feel tries to have a sweet after taste, but fails miserably because it tastes like waxy, chemical, with a very slight hint of sweet. This lip gloss applies thick, but once it settles into the lips it's not as thick. I think this is a bit thicker because of all the glitter so it needs to be thick so it doesn't feel sandy/gritty. The lip gloss applies smoothly and evenly to the lips. Since this is meant to be a semi-clear lip gloss, but mostly glittery, this lip gloss should go well on dry and non dry lips as well as provide glitter to the lips. I would buy this again if I could. Most clear glittery lip glosses are clear with tons of glitter. This one tries to be a silver glittery lip gloss. I like it. I would recommend this product, but since it's discontinued I can't.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment