Monday, March 4, 2013

Walmart Mini Haul Maybelline Color Tattoo and L'Oreal Infallible Eyeshadows from 03/01/2013

 

 

Hi everyone!

The past couple of weeks I have been doing a lot of research on the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24HR Eye Shadows and the L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24HR Eye Shadows. I was really excited because I have very oily lids and it's so difficult to wear eye shadow. I went on Youtube and bing.com to search about each of these products and I even found videos comparing the two products. A lot of people on youtube and in their personal blogs were raving about either one or the other product or both.

I know that L'Oreal and Maybelline are owned by the same company, but Maybelline tends to be on the cheaper side of the drugstore while L'Oreal tends to be on the higher end of the drugstore. I was debating for a while whether I should get one of each or if I should go with L'Oreal or if I should go with Maybelline. I found that most of the reviews I watched and/or read, tended to lean towards Maybelline. People went as far as even comparing the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadows to the MAC Paint Pots. When I kept hearing and reading this product being compared to MAC Paint Pots I had to check these out!

While I was grocery shopping on Saturday, March 2, 2013, at my local Walmart I decided to swing by the makeup isle. At the store in the moment I decided to buy one of each. I ended up buying 2 Maybelline Color Tattoo Eye Shadows and 1 L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow. I bought both maybe I wanted to be able to test out both and do comparisons. I bought one Maybelline Color Tattoo Metal by EyeStudio 24HR Eyeshadow in #70 Barely Branded and one Maybelline Color Tattoo by EyeStudio 24HR Eyeshadow in #25 Bad to the Bronze. And I bought one L'Oreal 24HR Infallible Eye Shadow in #890 Bronzed Taupe.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows First Impressions:

I think the packaging is very cute! I like how the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows come in little glass jars. Maybelline put the product information on the top cap of the product. When the product is sitting and you are looking on top of it, it says the product information. When you are looking at the product from the bottom it is a glass jar so you can see the color of the product. It also has some product information. I know I'm probably not describing that well. I hope the pictures can give you an idea. It's a really cute way of packaging. When you open the cap and loo inside the eyeshadows look very creamy. These are definitely cream based eyeshadows. They feel very creamy. The product appears creamy on the skin. This product is very easy to work with. One thing I did noticed that I'm not very happy about is that when you rub this product on the pigment of the product diminishes by about half. When you pick up the product on a brush or finger the pigment is there, but when you rub the product onto the eye the pigment gets washed out as you rub the product in. I noticed that the product keeps its vibrant pigmented color when you apply the product by gently tapping it onto the eye lids. I would definitely recommend tapping it on with fingers/brush rather than swiping. I will have to disagree with the product claim that the Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows are 24 hours. It is the most blatant product lie I have personally heard in a while. Wow. Honestly, these barely last a couple of hours on me. I will have to say that when I first tried this product out I did not apply any kind of primer at all on my eyes. The first night I applied this product to my eyes and slept with it on. I woke up the next morning not even seeing that I had any kind of eye shadow on overnight. These are the most untattooing eyeshadows I have ever used or maybe I just have the most oiliest eye lids ever. I will have to play around with these and see if they last longer with a primer.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadows versus MAC Paint Pots Comparison:

Similarities:
-both have cute glass jar packaging
-both products are cream based
-Maybelline #70 Barely Branded is a very similar product to MAC Paint Pot in Bare Study: they are both a nude color with tons of shimmer
-Maybelline #25 Bad to the Bronze reminds me of the two MAC eye shadows I have in Quarry and Gleam, but combined into one product. The Maybelline #25 Bad to the Bronze would be the result product if you combined MAC's Quarry and Gleam eye shadows. It's a very pretty color.

Differences:
-MAC doesn't claim their paint pots are 24 hours but they last much longer than the Maybelline Color Tattoo products- the quality of MAC Paint Pots is way better!
-Maybelline has product writing on the top lid and on the glass bottom of the jar. It's very easy to identify the product brand name and name. MAC does not do that with their products.
-I would recommend MAC's Paint Pots over the Maybelline Color Tattoo. If you are going to save up money and invest in a product, I would rather wait to save up money for MAC Paint Pots, than waste money on the Maybelline Color Tattoos.
-I would recommend these Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshdows for teens and adults who are just starting out in makeup.

L'Oreal Paris 24HR Infallible Eye Shadow First Impressions:

Just like with the Maybelline Color Tattoo, since L'Oreal and Maybelline are owned by the same company, the product packages are very similar. I like the fact that the product brand name and name are put on the top part of the top lid. My L'Oreal product actually came in a glass-like container. I heard some people complaining about how their L'Oreal had cheap packaging that was not made of glass. L'Oreal may have recently changed that. The L'Oreal packaging isn't as cute and it does feel more cheaply made. On the bottom there is clear glass with a round design around the edges so that you can see the product color inside. The L'Oreal packaging is quite compact looking and feeling. I like the packaging, it's cute in it's own way, and I like that they used similar things that I like about the Maybelline Color Tattoo packaging. When you open the packaging there is a plastic thing inside that comes out and it says don't discard. This product feels like a more creamy powder eyeshadow. It looks and feels like a creamy powder. If you have ever used Almay Intense Eye palettes you would understand what I mean. Some people described this product as a very pressed pigment. I absolutely adore the color that I got! This product is very highly pigmented. Just like with the Maybelline Color Tattoo I noticed that if you rub this product on the vibrant pigment diminishes by about half. If you tap this product on then the product is super pigmented. Another thing I noticed about this product is that as you rub it and the color comes off, that they made this so pigmented that it would take a lot of rubbing to get this product off. I would definitely recommend tapping this product on rather than swiping it on. I will have to disagree with the L'Oreal 24HR Infallible Eye Shadow claim. The only reason why this product lasts long at all is because it has so much pigment in it that it does take a while to rub it off. But the product does rub off and quite easily, especially the shiny/glitter particles. I did not use any eye primer before applying this product. It might lasts longer with eye primer so I will have to play around with it and see. This might last a little bit longer than the Maybelline Color Tattoo because of the pigment and because it's more of a powder than cream eye shadow.

Maybelline Color Tattoo Eyeshadow versus L'Oreal Infallible Eye Shadow Comparison:

Similarities:
-packaging style is very similar- both sturdy containers, labeling, the design of the package with product info on top of lid

Differences:
-L'Oreal Infallible product size is only 3.5 grams while the Maybelline Color Tattoo product size is a bit bigger with 4 grams
-L'Oreal is more of a very soft powder while Maybelline is actually a cream
-About a $1.00 or so price difference

This is just my first impressions. I plan to really play around with all of these to test them out and see how they actually work, how long they actually last, etc. I will definitely go into more detail in the future when I review these products!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment