Thursday, March 7, 2013

Rue 21 Lip Candy Lip Gloss [no name]

 

 

Hi everyone!

A couple of years ago, I would say about 3 or so, a couple of female friends and I decided to have a girls day by going out on a little shopping spree. We hopped in the car and off we went to an outdoor mall. I had never really heard or shopped at Rue 21 at that time so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect. I ended up buying a pair of pants, a belt, and 3 lip gloss that were either on sale or a buy 3 for a certain price. I think they may have been on sale for like 99cents each or something. They were right by the register. As you may have been reading in my blog I used to collect lip gloss every where I went. I had to buy lip gloss of some kind.

I did research on the official Rue 21 website (rue21.com). Rue 21 has their beauty products listed on their website under the For Girls tab and then under RUEBEAUTE then there is a little tab called lips. They apparently do not sell this lip gloss anymore. They don't even have anything called lip candy. All of the packaging is the same as the other 2 lip glosses that I bought.

The review I am going to be doing in this blog is the Rue 21 Lip Candy Lip Gloss which is the only product information I could make out because everything else has been rubbed off. This particular lip candy lip gloss is a two lip glosses in one, but they are connected at each end. One side of the packaging has a very pretty bright pink color and the other side of the packaging has a very cute striped pink and white lip gloss. It's very cute, but not meant for anything serious.

*Fair warning: the product mentioned in this blog, the Rue 21 Lip Candy Lip Gloss in no name, has been discontinued.*

 

RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 7/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity:10/10
Smell: 7/10
Taste: 8/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
On different lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total: 104/120=86.66%=86.7%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments: I think I paid like 99 cents each for this product, but according to the website their lip gloss says $1.99 which isn't bad either. It's a very cheap lip gloss. The packaging is cute, I like how it's a double ended lip gloss with a different lip gloss on each side. I don't like the packaging because the product does leak out of it creating messes so I took a point off for that. For the price you get a decent amount of product. The reason why I gave the pigment the full points is because the bright pink colored lip gloss shows up pigmented, the other lighter pink with the white lip gloss goes on more clear, but I don't think the striped lip gloss is meant to be pigmented. The longevity of the lip gloss is about as long as a normal lip gloss. The lip gloss smells very waxy smelling. It tries to have a sweet smell to it, but it comes off more waxy/chemically than sweet. The aftertaste of the lip gloss is also very waxy/chemically, but it's not as bad as some of the other lip glosses I reviewed. The texture of this lip gloss is a bit on the thick side and a little bit sticky. I don't mind it, but I know some people do. This lip gloss goes on smoothly and evenly. I didn't have any problems. Because the lip gloss is a bit on the thick side it applied smoothly and evenly even on my dry lips. I'm not sure how well the pigment might show up on different skin colors, but I think it might give off a bit of a pink color. If I could recommend this lip gloss I would and if I could repurchase this product I would because I do think it's cute and it gives some color. It could be used when quickly doing makeup.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

1 comment:

  1. The wawa survey is only open to those who have a valid Wawa receipt (which includes a survey invitation), have an internet-connected personal computer or mobile device,
    Mywawavisit executed a connected with the WWW review to take an arrangement about Mywawavisit Helpline notwithstanding your support level thereafter visiting service For more info MyWawaVisit.com

    ReplyDelete