Thursday, February 28, 2013

Claire's Cosmetics Clear/Sparkly Lip Gloss

 

 

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the Claire's Cosmetics Clear/Sparkly Lip Gloss. Before all I could see was the Claire's part, but when I held the lip gloss up to the light I could see the rest of it. On the packaging it just says, Claire's Cosmetics Lip Gloss, and then goes on to say it in french and lists the ingredients of what hasn't yet rubbed off.

I honestly have no idea how I got this. I either bought it or it was given to me from a Christmas/birthday gift. I don't know how much this lip gloss was. I must have got this product quite a while ago.

I tried doing research on Claire's official website to see if I could find this product, but I couldn't. Claire's does sell lip gloss, but nothing that looks like this. I am going to say that it is safe to assume that this product has been discontinued.

*Fair warning: the product mentioned in this blog has more than likely been discontinued.*

 

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 8/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
On different lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I buy this again: 3/10
Total: 103/120=85.83%=85.8%=B

My personal rating:7/10=70%=C

Comments: I don't remember how much I paid for this product, but Claire's lip glosses are fairly decently priced. This was from many years ago. I just took a point off because I don't know for sure how much it was. The packaging is pretty cute. You get a ton of product and I think it would be safe to assume that you get a lot of product for a very decent price. This lip gloss doesn't give off the impression of having pigment and it is clear looking in the tube. This lip gloss doesn't have pigment, it is just a clear very sparkling looking lip gloss. I think that this lip gloss lasts about as long as normal lip glosses. I want to say this lip gloss is supposed to smell sweet, but what I'm smelling is like a cinnamon smell to it. I am not a huge fan of cinnamon flavor mostly, but sometimes I don't mind the smell. I am going to say that this cinnamon-y smell is grossing me out. Even though the lip gloss has a more neutral taste, it does taste super waxy with a slight hint of cinnamon. I don't like it. The texture of this lip gloss is pretty thick. I can definitely feel this lip gloss on my lips fairly thick and a bit sticky. This lip gloss applies very smoothly and evenly. This is a clear lip gloss with no pigment and tons of glitter so it should go with any skin color. Because this lip gloss is so thick it covers up dryness on the lips so there shouldn't be any issue with that. If I could buy this again, I'm not sure if I would. I like clear sparkly lip gloss and this is a great product for that. I'm just not sure if the smell turned weird after time of sitting there or if it actually is supposed to smell like cinnamon. If it is supposed to smell like cinnamon, then I probably would skip re-purchasing. According to Claire's official website I could not find it on there or anything similar so I think it would be safe to assume this product has been discontinued, but it has been replaced by a bunch of goodies that I'm interesting in buying.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment