Monday, February 18, 2013

Walmart Mini Haul Almay Face Primer from 02/16/2013


 

Hey everyone!

I was not expecting to break away from discontinued/repackaged/renamed/limited edition/etc items because I was not expecting to buy the Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Primer from Walmart on Saturday, February 16, 2013, but I am breaking away just for today to write about this product. Tomorrow I will continue with the previous theme.

I have been looking around on websites at different makeup companies to see which company carried what kind of face primer, but more specifically a green face primer. Then I would go on Walmart and ULTA websites to try to comparison shop for prices if it was applicable. I have been looking for a green primer for about a year now. I have watched a lot of youtube video reviews on the different products. I feel that I have done a decent amount of research trying to find a good green primer. I looked a lot at Smashbox, L'Oreal, and NYX cosmetics mostly, but I did find the Almay green face primer on their website that I was kind of looking at and the other day I found out that ELF (EyesLipsFace) recently started making green face primers. About a year ago when I bought ELF products at Target and on the ELF website I bought the clear face primer because they didn't have the green one yet which is the cheapest I have found so far. I was shocked at the price of the Smashbox one, they want $38 for it. When I was at Walmart a few weeks ago doing a NYC (New York Color) cosmetic products and I happened to see a small bottle of a green face primer as I was looking around but I decided not to get it at that point in time because I saw the price was about $10.94 for it. I decided that I would shop around online some more to see if I could find a cheaper one because $10 for a primer I think is pretty high, especially for such a small looking bottle and it being a drug store product. I thought it was Covergirl, but when I looked online at Walmart's website for green face primers I was corrected that it was a L'Oreal product. I have been wanting to go to Walmart to buy it to try it because I have been complaining a lot about some redness on my face. Mostly it's on my cheeks, sometimes on my forehead depending on how my skin wants to behave that day, and my nose.

On Saturday while I was at Walmart doing my weekly grocery shopping I decided to go over to the makeup isle to pick up a bottle of the L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Anti-Redness Primer. Of course the one day I decide to go to Walmart to buy the L'Oreal green face primer product, I get there and they are completely sold out. I was so disappointed! I really wanted to try the L'Oreal one. Instead of deciding not to buy anything I decided to look around at makeup.

As I was looking around the makeup isles I had remembered that I had recently discovered that Almay made a semi-green primer, it has both green and lavender primer combined in what looks like clear gel type of substance, that I had seen on their website and the Walmart website. So I went over to the Almay cosmetics area. They were very skimpy on the makeup also. I found only 2 bottles of the product that were kind of hidden behind some other products. It is called the Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Primer. I couldn't find a price so I went over to the price scanner and found out this product price was $9.98. I could not believe that this primer was that much. I have only bought one other Almay product which was the Almay Intense Eyes for Brown eyes quite some time ago and I was not very happy with it. I did a review on it. I have super oily lids and the powder stuff they used does not go well with oily eye lids. That is the only product I have tried from Almay and since I didn't have a good experience I have pretty much stayed away from all Almay products. I was very hesitant to try another Almay product, especially for the price they were asking, but I decided to try it because I have been searching for a green primer for so long that I just couldn't wait.

I decided to go ahead and try the Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Primer for the face. One of the reasons why I decided to go ahead and try it is because on youtube I heard a lot of people complaining about how green face primer makes people look greenish. I noticed that the Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Primer has both green and lavender in the bottle combined. The L'Oreal Studio Secrets Professional Anti-Redness Primer only had the green primer for the same price. With Almay it's like you get 3 products in 1 bottle for about $10 because on the Almay website they describe this product as a green for anti-redness, a lavender for evening out and brightening skin tone with some no oil watery gel looking clear liquid for hydrating the face. I have all of the problems on my face that this product mentioned because my face is combination dry. I do get a bit oily in the T-Zone.

My first impressions of the Almay Smart Shade Perfect and Correct Primer

My first impression of the Almay Smart shade Perfect and Correct Primer is that I could not believe that it cost $9.98. I honestly do not know if this is the actual price or if they were having a sale on it. I didn't see any sale signs so I am going to assume that is the actual cost at Walmart. Even though it's barely under $10 I do think that is a bit high. I am not very excited about the price. But I have to hand it to Almay for pricing it just under $10 though.
When I got home from Walmart I was looking at the package and I think the packaging is super cool! I have no idea how they made the strands of green and lavender intertwining in the bottle like that. I am very impressed by that! I like the fact that the packaging is a good size 1 fluid ounces and it appears that you get a lot of product.
I really liked the fact that this Almay primer offered 3 different products in 1 bottle for the same price or way cheaper than the other products! You get a green for anti-redness, lavender for brightening and evening skin tone, and a clear gel liquid for hydrating the face! From the research I have done I have not seen many products that combine all three. That is super exciting.
I like the fact that the packaging comes with a pump on the bottle which always makes getting a product out a lot easier. The pump is very easy to use. It pumps out about the right amount of product, not too much and not too little for my liking.
When I squeezed some of the product on my finger I did notice that I had to press down the pump a few times on the first use for the product to come out. I don't have any issue with that. I think that's fairly normal.
The product on my finger came out mostly green with a very small amount of lavender and some clear gel like liquid. I'm not sure yet if each pump of the product has mostly green with some of the other products or if it is going to vary from pump to pump. I will have to keep an eye on that.
When I applied the product to my face it did go on a greenish color, but I rubbed the product in a little bit, and it seemed to have blended fairly well. With this product you definitely want to blend it in as much as you can. I want to say I noticed my redness calmed down a little. I applied some to my cheeks and forehead, but left my nose along, but I did notice my nose had some redness on it today. I could tell some difference between my cheeks and forehead and my nose. I may need to apply a second layer to get it to the way I want it. I will have to play around with this product. I am very excited to try it out.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment