Thursday, February 21, 2013

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in [no name]

 

 

Hi everyone!

 

On the official Victoria's Secret website they still have Beauty Rush products, but the packaging and names of the products appear to have changed. This is the most disappointing because I really like two of them and now I can't go out and buy them. Sad face. I think that I can safely assume that they are discontinued, but I was reading online that Victoria's Secret likes to repackage/rename products so they might still have it around under a different name. I don't know how accurate that is, but it is believable.

I bought 3 of the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Glosses I think about 2-3 years ago. It was definitely more recent than the Sweet Talk lip glosses. I bought them in Grapesicle, Appletini, and the third one the name came off so I have no idea what it is called. It is a light brownish color and it smells like coconuts. On the label it says that these are $7.00 each. I bought 3 of them because when I was standing in Victoria's Secret line buying something, I noticed that they had a sale on these at 3 for $15.00 and I had to grab them! I don't believe that I paid more than $15 for all 3.

I have decided that I am going to be reviewing this product separately for each of the lip glosses because each lip gloss appears to have different pigment shades for each one. This week I am going to be reviewing Grapesicle and Appletini because I know the names. In the next couple of weeks my theme is going to change to random lip glosses that I have collected over the years from different places where the information has been rubbed off over the years and I'm pretty sure those products don't exist anymore. This is a collection from many, many years. In the next couple of weeks look for those products.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss that I don't know the name of because the label came off. I have no idea which one it is. I have three options that it could be because they have 3 similar color brownish looking ones. The three that it could be are Coconut Craze, Lotta Colada, and Hot Coconut. I get a very strong coconut smell so I am thinking based on the smell and the color similarity from pictures that it is between Coconut Craze or Hot Coconut.

*Fair warning: this product, Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss does not exist as it is seen in this blog. Beauty Rush products have been repackaged and it may have been renamed.*

 

Rating:

Price: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 7/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 10/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total: 108/120=90%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A

Comments: I think individually priced these lip glosses are a bit high, especially since you can buy cheaper lip gloss that are super glossy and smell good. The packaging is simple, but cute, and I haven't had any issues with it being messy or difficult to get the product out. I think you do get a decent amount of product. I feel that this lip gloss was trying to give indication that it was geared towards being pigmented lip gloss because compared to the other 2, this lip gloss is darker in pigment in the tube. I had to take some points off because I don't feel it lives up to pigment. The longevity of the lip gloss because it is on a thicker side lasts a little bit longer than regular lip gloss. The smell is absolutely delicious! It smells very strongly of a very sweet smell, I would definitely say coconuts! The taste and after taste has a little bit of a waxy taste, but at first it does taste good. The texture is a bit thick and sticky, but I don't mind that, but I know some people do. The application is easy, smooth, and even. I would say that this lip gloss can be applied to dry lips because it's a bit thick that it covers it. I'm not sure if the pigment would be different on different skin colors. I have a light skin color and the pigment doesn't really show up so I'm not sure what it would be like on darker skin colors. I really love this lip gloss though. I would recommend it, but it has been discontinued so I can't. Because I really like this lip gloss in smell, taste, and I don't mind that it doesn't have pigment. I am very disappointed that this has been discontinued because this is my favorite Beauty Rush lip gloss out of the 3 I have.

Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment