Monday, February 11, 2013

Lip Smacker [Smackers] Lip Sparkler in Raspberry Orbit


 Hey everyone!


This week I am continuing with my discontinued/repackaged products. I did not realize how many products I have that are discontinued/repackaged/renamed/etc. About 45% of the products that I own have been discontinued/repacked/renamed/etc. About 10% of my products have no names because it rubbed off but I'm pretty sure they don't exist anymore. And about 45% of my products I purchased within the last 2 years.

In today's blog I am going to be talking about the Lip Smacker Lip Sparkler in Raspberry Orbit. I did not buy this product, I don't think. When I was younger I used to buy them a lot. I found this one 3-4 years ago in my junk drawer. It still smells delicious and I still use it even though it's really old. I don't wear it out, but if I need something on my lips I will apply it.

When I was doing my research on this product I could not find it on the official Lip Smacker products website, but I did notice that they have a similar one with different packaging and changed the name a little to Raspberry Spritz. I do not know if these two products are the same or not, but they are in the same line of products. They may have just changed the packaging and the name a little.

According to the website these are now $3.50. Since that's on the official product website products tend to be priced higher so I'm sure you can get this product for around $2.00-$2.50 at like Walmart.

*Fair warning: The Lip Smacker [Smackers] Lip Sparkler in Raspberry Orbit appears to not exist anymore as is. It may have been repackaged and may have been renamed as Raspberry Spritz.*

Rating:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 8/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 9/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total: 111/120=92.5%=A

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments: I don't remember how much I paid for this product, but it couldn't have been that much. Lip Smackers is usually very cheaply priced. I definitely give that all the points! The packaging is very cheap, but cute, and a decent size. I haven't had any problems with it being messy. I definitely think you get a great amount for the price. This is a lip gloss that isn't meant to have pigment so it got the full points. I gave it the full points on longevity because even though it doesn't last very long, I feel that it lasts about the same as other lip gloss products. Because it is on the thinner side, I feel that it lasts a little bit less than thicker lip glosses. The smell is amazing! As soon as you open the cap it's like you opened a raspberry explosion. It is very scented. I had to take some points off on taste/after taste because at first you get a little bit of a sweet flavor, but then it turns into a waxy taste in the mouth. The texture is very light. This lip gloss applies smoothly and evenly on the lips. I applied this product to somewhat dry lips. I don't feel that this product is good for very dry lips so I took a point off for that. I would definitely recommend this, but I can't because it's discontinued as is, but they do have what seems like a similar product that I am definitely willing to try! I gave this product a 9.5 as a personal rating because I'm not a big fan of the after taste and because it's discontinued, otherwise I would have given it a 100%.

I hope you enjoyed reading this!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment