Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk Mouth Watering Lip Gloss [discontinued]

Hey everyone!

 

To continue with this week's theme of discontinued/repackaged/renamed/limited edition/etc items, I was looking through my makeup drawers and stumbled upon the Victoria's Secret Sweet Talk Mouth Watering Lip Gloss. I decided to go on the Victoria's Secret website to find out if these products still exist because I know I've had these for a while, but I don't remember exactly how long ago. I think I bought these quite a few years ago if I remember correctly [I want to say like around 2005?]. I did not find these products on the official Victoria's Secret website so I am going to safely assume and say that this product is discontinued.

I bought two of these products. One is called Wild Berries and the other is called Very Cherry Vanilla. I am pretty sure that I happened to be at Victoria's Secret, probably bra shopping, when at the cash register I stumbled upon these. According to the little sticker that is still on this product it was $7 each. I definitely know that I had to have bought these on sale when they were having a deal where it's like a 2 for $10 deal.

I was debating on whether to do one full review of the product or separate them into their own product reviews. I decided that because this product is very similar to each other that I am going to do just one full review. They both smell good, they both have the same texture, they are both so lightly pigmented that honestly I don't think anyone can tell which of these products you are wearing unless they smell it. I think it would be kind of pointless to do separate reviews for this product because it's pretty much like comparing clear lip gloss to a clear lip gloss and unless the two clear lip glosses are from different companies, it just doesn't really make sense. I pretty much did the same thing when I reviewed my C.O. BIGELOW Mentha Lip Shine products because they all work the same and feel the same, except the smell is a bit different. I don't want to review a product just for scent, unless the scent is not consistent with each other, then I would do separate reviews.

*Fair warning: this product, Victoria's Secret Mouth Watering Lip Gloss, appears to not exist anymore as the product is shown in this blog.*

 

Rating:

Price: 8/10
Packaging: 9/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 9/10
Texture: 8/10
Application: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Different lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 10/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total: 108/120=90%=A

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments: I was not sure how to rate the price because I got these on sale like 2 for $10 which I still find a bit steep and I don't think these are worth the $7 individually. I took a few points off because for lip gloss these are pretty expensive. There are a lot of products out there that you can buy that are cheaper and do pretty much the same thing with really good smells. The packaging is cute and simple, but it is a bit messy so I had to take a point off for that. I found that the product leaks out of the packaging creating a sticky mess. I haven't had problems recently, but I haven't used them in a while so maybe the sticky stuff that leaked out previously dried around the cap to seal the product from coming out. These products smell amazing! They smell super sweet and very similar to the name given to them. I absolutely love the smell! The after taste of the lip gloss is actually really good. It does have a bit of a waxy after taste which is why I took a point off, but you definitely get a hint of the flavor that is described. The cherry vanilla has a hint of vanilla and cherry after taste. I really like it! These are super fun! The texture I am not a big fan of. The texture feels very thick and sticky. I don't necessarily mind it, but I know some people do so I took some points off. It makes my lips feel very smooth. The application was a bit difficult, but it could be because I have had these for such a long time. This product comes in a squeezable tube and I found it a bit difficult to control how much came out. It came out all at the same time or not at all, if that makes sense. I find that you get a decent amount of product. I don't think these products are supposed to be pigmented so I gave it the full 10/10 because I think they are just supposed to be super glossy and they are! I feel that this product lasts a long time on the lips, a bit more than most because it is a bit on the thick side, unless you are like me and have a lot of fun licking this product off. I used to put these on just so I could lick them off. Because these are not pigment related and very thick, I don't think it matters whether you have dry lips or not because as soon as you put this product on, it covers the lips. I think they would look fabulous on every skin color. I don't want to say these are moisturizing because I don't believe they are, but when applied to dry lips these give the appearance and feel of not having dry lips, I think a lot of that has to do with because it is such a thick product that it just covers it up. I would love to recommend this product, but it is discontinued. For my personal rating I would love to give it a 10/10, but because it's discontinued, the price is a bit high for a lip gloss and has some packaging issues, I didn't.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment