Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion for Dry Skin

 

 

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am going to be talking about a small tube of Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion for Dry Skin. I honestly do not remember how I got this. I must have received it as a side item from buying something. I have had it for a while and I have used it once. It is a very small size as you might be able to read on the bottle, it says 8.87 mL/0.3 FL. OZ. This is definitely a trial size product which is why I have to assume that I got this through a purchase.

I don't feel that I can adequately review this product because of it's small size and that I have only been able to test it a couple of times on my hands. I think products like these take more time to get familiar with the product, to see how it does after a week, 2 weeks, 3 weeks, and a month. Some products take longer than a month. Since this is a trial size I cannot do the tests. But what I can do is talk about this product.

First I went on the Dove official website to try to find this product and I couldn't. I have noticed sometimes I can't find the product on the website so I go to Walmart.com or do a bing.com search to find out if I'm just not seeing it or whether it's discontinued. I found a couple of other beauty blogs that have this product listed as discontinued. I am going to assume that because I could not find this product on the Dove official website and from word of mouth from other people that it is safe to assume that this product does not exist anymore. It's kind of sad that Dove decided to discontinue this product.

*Fair warning: the Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion products no longer appear on the official Dove.com website and other beauty bloggers have labeled this item as discontinued!*

Review/Talk about product:

Price: For starters since this is a trial size product I have no idea how much this product was.
I can't really comment about the packaging, but it seemed like a normal tube product just like other facial products. I did find that you can buy this product on like amazon.com and ebay.com but people are charging almost $20 for it.
Amount of product: The amount that I got was very small. The actual product size looks decent.
Smell: This product has a little bit of a scent to it. It mostly smells like a clean soap. The smell is not overpowering. Once applied to the face you would not be able to smell it at all.
Texture/Application: The one thing I noticed that I would not like about this product is that when you first squeeze the product out of the packaging the lotion that comes out is very thick. It doesn't feel very thick, but it definitely looks very thick. I can see wearing this type of cream as a nighttime cream for bed where it doesn't matter if you can kind of see it and feel it. It is blendable into the skin if you keep rubbing it as far as the appearance of whiteness is concerned. I feel that it does leave a bit of a white residue on the skin even with rubbing the product in. I am having a hard time describing how it feels on the skin because the product comes out very thick, but once rubbed into the skin it doesn't completely go away. It doesn't feel thick, but it looks like it would feel on the thick side while wearing it. To sum it up the product comes out thick and white from the tube. Once you start rubbing the product into the skin the white color of the product starts disappearing, the more you rub it in the less white it appears, but it does take some rubbing to get it to that point. I don't think the product feels thick while wearing it on the skin even though the product kind of sits on the face.With time the product does eventually seep into the skin.
I think that they added some kind of shimmer to this face lotion because I am seeing a lot of shimmer/sparkles/shine. This specific Dove Deep Moisture Facial Lotion is for dry skin and I have no idea why someone at Dove created this product with shimmer in it since shimmer on dry skin is usually not a good idea. Shimmer is also not a good idea for those who have large pores. I am the type of person who would not reach for a moisturizing lotion with shimmer in it. I can definitely say that Dove dropped the ball on this one.
Product Claim: Dove claims that this is a deep moisturizer, but because I don't have enough product to test that, I cannot say whether this claim was true or not. Because the product is so thick I can see how it could definitely be very moisturizing. I wish I could see the long term effects of this product on my face.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

2 comments:

  1. overseas version of this moisturizer is still available. You can order it from Europe. The only place that carries it in US that I found is www.miaderma.com . It's called Dove Face Care Essential Nutrients Protective Moisturizing Lotion
    Sandra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sandra!
    Thank you so much for the info! I will definitely check it out =-)

    Marina

    ReplyDelete