Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Covergirl Cheekers Blush in #105 Rose Silk

 

 

Hi everyone!


I have never been a blush kind of girl. I just never understood the idea of buying and applying makeup to make it look like I am blushing. I think the biggest reason why I am so anti-blush is because I have a natural redness in my face particularly in the cheeks, some on my forehead and some on my nose. When I find a foundation that is able to cover up my redness I don't want to go through the trouble of trying to add any red tint back in, plus I noticed that when I wear blush it brings out the redness in my face and makes it a point of focus. I guess I'm at the point where I ask myself why would I spend so much money trying to cover up the natural redness in my face just to spend more money to add redness back in.

I don't remember how I got this blush, but I'm assuming I found it in the junk drawer we had in our bathroom. I had never purchased blush, even to this day, so when I found this a few years ago I decided to take it so I can try it out. I never wore it. I think I might have worn it for my Halloween costume a few years back. Mostly I just wanted to see what it would look like and if it turned out horrible then I could just say it was part of my Halloween costume. It was my first time experimenting with blush.

I have no idea how much this cost. According to Walmart they have the blush divided into two categories: Covergirl Blush and Covergirl Classic Color Blush. I found #105 Rose Silk under the Covergirl Classic Coor Blush with the same name but different number and according to the website it is about $5.00. On the actual Covergirl website it looks like the packaging has changed but the number and name are the same. I'm not sure how that works.

*Fair warning: the official Covergirl website shows this blush has been repackaged, but # and name kept the same. When I looked at Walmart's website it has the same packaging as the Covergirl website, but has a different # but the same name. This product may have been repackaged/renumbered. But it does still exist.*


Rating:

Price: 8/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Different skin types: 7/10
Longevity: 10/10
Texture: 7/10
Natural looking glow product claim: 8/10
Smell/scent: 7/10
Overall product rating: 7/10
Would I buy this again: 3/10
Total: 87/110=79.09%=79.1%=C

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments: I think that this blush, if the Walmart website is correct, is a bit overpriced. It's definitely cheaper than other brands, but for a store brand that's a bit high. I personally think it's too high because I would not pay that much for blush like this. The packaging is simple, but cute. I like that it comes with a small blush brush. If you have your own brushes that are better I would use those, but if you don't it's nice that they put this in here. I think this has a decent amount of product for the price. I gave it the full points for pigment because using the brush I swiped a few layers on my hand. What I like about this blush is that it goes on very light, but it is definitely buildable because I was able to pick up color and apply on top for more color. The more you blend it into the skin, it gives a nice shiny finish. It is not overly sparkly, but has very tiny sparkles which give it just the right amount of shiny. It gives a nice healthy glow to the skin while being a blusher at the same time like a blush and highlight at the same time. But use the brush that comes with it for the light pigment because I noticed using my finger it picked up more pigment. If I wore blush this is actually quite nice. When it comes to different skin types I would not recommend this blush for those people who have redness to their skin who don't want to bring attention to it, but I would say avoid blushes all together and definitely stay away from red tinted blushers. When it comes to this specific Covergirl blush I would not recommend this blusher for dry skin because even though the blush gives a nice shiny glow, the blusher itself is very powdery and chalk like. This is definitely not for dry skin. If you do have dry skin and you like blush I would recommend going with a cream blush. I think this would go well with those who have oily skin. On the Covegirl website it says that they recommend this product for sensitive skin, I'm not sure that I would, not only because it is chalky, but also because of the slight fragrance may irritate sensitive skin. I haven't noticed anything wrong with the longevity of the product. I also would not recommend this product for people who have large pores because this will bring them out. For the texture I rated it down because even though it goes on smoothly, the powder itself feels very chalky in the container and looks chalky on the brush. This blusher does have a powdery look to it on the skin. I do agree that this product goes on lightweight even when you add layers for color. The product advertisement is that this blusher gives a natural looking glow which I agree that it does give a glowing look to it on the skin. This blush does have a bit of a scent to it, I can't really place it, but it's a slight one. It smells like chemicals, but trying to give off a hint of a flowery scent. Once you apply it to the face you can't smell it. But it does try to give a hint of fragrance. Since I don't wear blush and I don't want to bring any redness to my face, I personally would not buy it again, but if I did wear blush and didn't have dry skin, I would probably consider this blush. According to Covergirl the packaging is a bit different, but this product exists in #105 Rose Silk. According to Walmart this packaging is different, but it exists in #540 Rose Silk. It's not a bad product, just not personally for me.

Recommendations:

I would not recommend this blush for:
-people who have dry skin
-people who have redness to their skin (I would not recommend red tinted blushes, but I personally would stay away from blush altogether, but that's just personal preference)
-people who have sensitive skin (due to chalkiness and a bit of fragrance)
-people who have large pores

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment