Wednesday, February 27, 2013

Lavender/Purple Sparkly Lip Gloss

 

 

Hi everyone!

In today's blog I am going to be talking about a super sparkly lavender/purple lip gloss. I have no idea where I bought it or what the name of it is. I am going to assume that I bought this at like Old Navy also. I only make that guess because the other silver lip gloss has a very similar quality. I would assume I either quickly grabbed this while standing in line at Old Navy or at like a Claire's. I have no idea how much I paid for this product. I would assume that it could not have been more than a couple of dollars. I bought it quite a few years ago so I think it is definitely safe to assume that this product no longer exists.

I really like the way the color looks in the tube. I am addicted to lavender/purple colors and this one has a ton of sparkle. It looks super pretty! That is probably why I bought it. I am very disappointed with how this lip gloss applies to the lips. It has absolutely no pigment what-so-ever. I am super disappointed. I wish that the color that is in the tube actually showed up the same on the lips. It would be absolutely perfect if it did.


*Fair warning: the product mentioned in this blog has probably been discontinued.*

 

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 7/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 7/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
On different lips: 9/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I buy it again: 5/10
Total: 100/120=83.33%=83.3%=B

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments: I don't remember how much I paid for this, but it couldn't have been more than a couple of dollars, but I took a point off just because I don't remember. The packaging is simple, but cute. When twisting and untwisting the cap some of the product gets stuck in the cap, but I haven't seen it leak out on it's own. I think you get a decent amount of product, even for the price. The tube of this lip gloss makes it seem that this lip gloss should have pigment and very beautiful pigment at that, but it went on completely clear on my lips except for the sparkles. That is very disappointing for me. I took an extra point off for the tube color not matching the lip color. This lip gloss lasts just as long as normal lip glosses. The lip gloss smells very chemically and waxy. I don't like the smell at all. As far as taste/after taste, it's not as bad as the smell, the taste is almost neutral, but I still don't like it because it is quite waxy. The texture of the lip gloss is a bit thick, but not overwhelming like Victoria's Secret. It does feel a bit heavy, but I don't mind. The lip gloss goes on smoothly and evenly. I just applied this lip gloss to semi-dry lips and it seems to have taken. The waxy like gloss substance seems to cover up dryness. I'm not sure how this lip gloss would look on darker skin colors, but if the pigment actually showed up, it would be beautiful on many. If I could re-purchase this product I would because I am completely in love with the color so I would like to have it in my collection, but I wouldn't recommend it for actual wear/use. I'm pretty sure this lip gloss has been discontinued because I've probably had it for about 10 years.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment