Friday, February 8, 2013

L'Oreal H.i.P. Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in #438 Pixie

 

Hello everyone!


Today I am going to be reviewing the L'Oreal H.i.P. (high intensity pigments) Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss in #438 Pixie. I bought this lip gloss when I bought the L'Oreal H.i.P. (high intensity pigments) Bright Shadow Duos in #224 Showy. I like brownish nude colors. I don't usually go for pink although I do own some pink lip glosses and lip sticks. I was really excited to try this product out because I was used to clear/sparkly/glossy/shiny lip glosses that had little to no pigment, but I was looking for lip gloss that had pigment. I don't really have a story to go with this product because I ended up not really using it so I'm just going to get to reviewing it.

*Fair warning: I went on L'Oreal's official website and I could not find this specific product on there so I think it is safe to say that this L'Orea Paris high intensity pigment Brilliant Shine Lip Gloss has been discontinued.*


Rating:

Price: 7/10
Package: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 5/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 7/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 7/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total: 94/120=78.33%=78.3%=C

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments: I don't remember how much I paid for this product, but I am going to say some where around $5-$7. I think that's a bit pricey for lip gloss, especially for a lip gloss that advertises high intensity pigments, so that is very disappointing. If you are actually looking for a pigmented lip gloss, then this product is not it. The package is simple, cute, and squeezable to get the product out. I have not had any issues with the packaging. I think that you get a decent amount of product. I think that if a product is going to advertise High Intensity Pigments and then not deliver on that, then I am going to say so. If they had not put that advertisement on the package, then I would not have rated the product so harshly and so low on pigment. This lip gloss lasts as long as other thick and sticky lip glosses. I like lip glosses that smell good and this one doesn't really have a smell at all. It tries to have a very, very light scent, but it doesn't smell good. This product also doesn't really have a good taste either. It has more of a slight waxy taste. The smell and the taste are very disappointing for this product. The texture of the product is thick and sticky, but I personally don't mind that. The application is very smooth and easy. It applies evenly. I would say that this will go on well for dry lips. The concern that I have and why I rated the product down is because I am a light skin color and I barely got pigment. I am not entirely sure how this lip product would look on other skin colors so I had to take points off. I would recommend this product because it applies well to dry lips. This product was disappointing in pigment, smell, and taste.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment