Thursday, February 14, 2013

Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in #26 Pink Sugar

 

 

Hey everyone!


Happy Valentines Day!


In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in 26 Pink Sugar. I have no idea how I ended up with this product in my makeup collection, but I can assume I probably got it from the junk drawer that my mom used to keep with other makeup products that I would look through. It appears to have been rarely used and I have only used it a few times. I don't really have much more of a story than that on this product. I have had this product for probably over 5 years.

I did research on the Estee Lauder official website and it appears that this product line still exists, but it has been repackaged and this specific lip gloss, Pink Sugar, appears to have been discontinued because I could not find it under the Pure Color Gloss section.

Side note: Sorry for the pictures. I took like 50 different pictures with 3 different background colors and they all turned out blurry. I also tried flash, no flash, lights, no lights combinations and nothing would work so I kind of gave up. I picked out the two best ones.

*Fair warning: the product Estee Lauder Pure Color Gloss in #26 Pink Sugar appears to have been repackaged and this specific name discontinued.*

 

Rating:

Price: 7/10
Packaging: 9/10
Amount of product: 8/10
Pigment: 7/10
Longevity: 9/10
Smell: 8/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 8/10
Overall rating: 8/10
Would I buy this again: 3/10
Total: 93/120=77.5%=C

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments: I did not pay for this product and I have no idea how much this product was over 5 years ago. According to the Estee Lauder website it says that these lip gloss are between $22.50 and $23.00. I have no idea why the 50 cent difference in the pricing for the same product. But that is very expensive for what I can afford when it comes to lip gloss. I do understand that it's a department store product, but wow. The packaging is simple, but cute. The only issue I have with the packaging is that sometimes when I squeeze it to get the product out, very little to no product comes out. It's kind of hard to control I guess. I was pressing kind of hard. I personally don't think you get a lot of product for the price. I guess it's a decent amount for a department store and price, but I think there is too little product for a high price. When you first apply the lip gloss it appears to be highly pigmented, but after a little bit of time it kind of settles and the pigment diminishes. The issue that I have is that it appears to go on white more than pink, but then when it settles it turns into a translucent white. Up close this lip gloss looks super pretty because you can see very light pink sparkles/glitter. I don't really like how it appears white on me at first and after it settles. But it is super glossy and super sparkly. I took a point off on longevity because the color fades quickly after application, but the lip gloss itself is kind of thick so it lasts longer than most glosses. The lip gloss has a kind of sweet smell to it. It's not bad, but it's not necessarily something I personally like. It's not bad, but I usually like strong sweet smells, while this lip gloss gives off a kind of sweet smell. The taste and after taste is very waxy and weird. I do not like it at all. This lip gloss is on the thick side and a bit sticky. I don't mind thickness and a little bit of stickiness. Once the product comes out the lip gloss itself it goes on smoothly and evenly. Because this lip gloss is so thick it can be applied to dry lips without any problems. The issue I have with this lip gloss is the way the color looks on my lips because I am a light skin color and it looks white with maybe the slightest pink. This lip gloss might look better and more of a pink color on darker skin color, it may have more pigment and not look ghostly white. I personally would not buy it again the biggest issue I have with it is the price of the product. It's definitely out of my price range, especially for a lip gloss. Some other reasons I would not buy this product is because of the way it first applied looks completely white on my lips and it does have kind of a horrible after taste of more than just waxy. I can't recommend this specific color because it appears to have been discontinued.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment