Tuesday, February 5, 2013

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup in #456 Soft Ivory

Hello everyone!

 

I was going through my makeup products and decided to look up L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup because I have had this for years. I bought this at my local Walgreens like 5+ years ago when I first started getting into makeup. I was trying to find liquid foundations, but I was at my local Walgreens one day and they were having a sale where it said buy one get one of the same products free. I ended up splurging and buying 2 Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup in #456 Soft Ivory, 2 Bare Naturale Soft Focus Mineral Finish (I lost one of them a while back), 2 Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Concealer in 476 Fair/Light and 2 Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powders in 408 Soft Ivory.

In this blog I am going to be focusing on the L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup in #456 Soft Ivory (loose powder). Since it has been so long since I have bought this product I do not remember at all how much I paid for it so I'm just going to say I paid around $10 for it. I bought one for regular price and got the second one free. You can also think of it in terms of paying half price for each product. Looking at the L'Oreal website they have renamed this product to L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup (on the bottle). From reading the description, they may have changed the formula.

As a side note, this reminded me when Walgreens used to have sales, they really had good sales. I think they still have frequent sales. I don't know why I rarely go there. We have one really close to us.

I am not a big fan of powder foundation. Back in the day I used to have super oily skin, especially in the T-Zone. I felt that the powder foundation slid off and moved around easily. I didn't feel like it covered up the redness on my face. I am very strict when it comes to rating foundation. My foundation has to be perfect. I am still on the lookout for a foundation I absolutely love. Now my face has changed to being on the dry side with some oily T-Zone issues. I fear that this powder because it's so dry is going to not only look bad on my dry skin, but also irritate my skin. I applied some to my hand and it brought out the dryness of my skin out, I felt like it was too light on the coverage definitely not what I am looking for and I think I might be allergic to the product because my skin became itchy, dry, and caused redness. It seems to be getting better.

*Fair warning: the product has been renamed and possibly reformulated. The new name is L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup/L'Oreal Paris True Match Naturale Mineral Foundation.*

 

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Coverage: 8/10
Longevity: 7/10
For different skin types: 8/10
Application: 10/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I buy this again: 3/10
Total: 71/90= 78.88%=78.9%=C

My personal Rating: 7/10=C

Comments: I honestly do not remember how much I paid for this product. I am going to say around $10. For a really good foundation I would say $10 isn't that much, but when the product quality isn't there it's hard for me personally to justify spending that much. The packaging is cute and was definitely original back in the day when I bought it. I love that it comes with a brush on top of the container! I would have given the full points if the product container was not so messy. I don't like dealing with fallout and when I open the container it gets every where! I would say you do get quite a bit of product for the price which is nice. I think for a mineral powder foundation this does a good job on the coverage and I would say it has medium coverage. On light spots it covers up easily and on darker spots it covers up but not all the way. On a good, non-oily/non-sweaty/non-hot day I would say this has decent longevity, but I wouldn't trust it on those other days. If you work long hours or work in a workplace that is not air conditioned or if you sweat easily, then I would not recommend it. I personally do not feel it has staying power. For different skin types the first thing I thought about was their shade selection which I don't exactly remember how many they had back in the day, but now they have about 12 different shades. There is more variety. Another thing I think about when it comes to skin type I think of the different skin types that are out there such as combination, dry, and oily, etc. This product might work well with oily skin and I say that because this powder is very drying on the skin. If you apply this powder it might dry out some of the oil. I definitely would not recommend this product for dry skin! Now that I'm getting older my skin is starting to go to the drying part. I think that this product goes on smoothly and I haven't had any issues with application. If L'Oreal did change the formula, I might try that out, but as far as powder foundation is concerned I don't think I would buy it again.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment