Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in Sugar Cube

 

 

Hey everyone!


This weeks theme is discontinued/repackaged/renamed/limited edition products. Since last week I did a ton of lip glosses, [see I was not kidding when I said I used to be and still am a huge lip gloss fan/collector], I have decided to do a review on an eye shadow. I still have about 10 more lip glosses to review. Ha. If you love lip glosses as much as I do then there are still definitely more lip gloss reviews coming in the next 2-3 weeks =-D

In today's blog I am going to be reviewing the Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in Sugar Cube. I don't remember how I got this eye shadow. I think I found it in my junk drawer. I did not pay for this item. I have no idea how much it cost. According to the Estee Lauder official website this product as pictured in this blog does not exist, but I did find a repackaged Pure Color single eye shadow still named Sugar Cube for $21.00. Wow. I am very shocked that this product is that expensive and I have no idea how much it was about 5 years ago.

*Fair warning: The product Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow in Sugar Cube does not exist as is shown in this blog, BUT I did find an Estee Lauder Pure Color Eyeshadow which has been repackaged but the name Sugar Cube still exists. The only thing that I can tell that is different is the packaging. I don't know if the formula was changed.*

 

Rating:

Price: 7/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 8/10
Pigment on hand/fingers: 10/10
Pigment on eye lids: 6/10
Longevity: 6/10
Blendability: 10/10
Application: 10/10
On different lids: 7/10
Quality: 7/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total: 93/120=77.5%=C

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comment: even though I did not personally pay for this eye shadow because I must have got it from my mom (when she was done with products she would throw them in junk drawers that I would go through) I would say that for a single eye shadow it has to be really good. I don't get that impression at all. In order for me to spend that much for a single eye shadow is outrageous! For how much they are charging it should be an outstanding quality of eye shadow, but I haven't seen that. The packaging is super cute. The product is called Sugar Cube and they made the packaging into a cube shape. Inside it includes on the bottom an eye shadow and on top a small round mirror. The packaging is adorable! I think that the amount of product given for the price is okay. I can't really tell how deep it goes, but it seems like you get a somewhat decent amount of eye shadow. When I swatch this product on my finger it is very pigmented and even on the back of my hand. But when I applied it to the eye, the product becomes more shimmery looking than actually white. I have very oily lids and maybe that is why I am having that issue with this product. I can see a slight white pigment, but mostly just a lot of shimmer. I got very little color and a ton of shimmer. This would a very good shimmery highlight for me, but not good if I was seeking an actual white eye shadow that had white pigment. It might last and show up in pigment with a very good primer. I just put a MAC Soft Ochre Paint Pot on my left eye and put the eye shadow on top and the pigment definitely comes out better, but I did put on like 3 layers. It's still not as pigmented as I think it should be. It doesn't last very long even on the MAC paint pot I put under it. On just my eye lid the color pigment fades quickly and over good primer it fades but a little bit slower. After about 10 minutes it looks the same as just on my lid. Actually I think it looks prettier without the lid primer because I feel it shimmers more. The eye shadow appears to be easy to work with and blendable. I definitely would NOT recommend this product for oily lids like mine, unless you are looking for a cute white shimmery eye shadow. I would recommend this as a highlighter for light to medium skin color, and I would say for dark skin the white pigment might come through more. I feel that the pigment quality of the eye shadow is not there because on a naked eye lid as soon as you put it on it fades and on a primed eye it lasts a little bit longer, but does still end up fading out. The eye shadow itself feels very soft and I have no issue with it. I would like to recommend this product, but I'm not sure what changed about it, if it did, besides the packaging.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment