Thursday, February 7, 2013

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Grapesicle

Hey everyone!

 

Yesterday while I was looking up Victoria's Secret lip gloss products I also looked up this product the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss. On the official Victoria's Secret website they still have Beauty Rush products, but the packaging and names of the products appear to have changed. This is the most disappointing because I really like two of them and now I can't go out and buy them. Sad face. I think that I can safely assume that they are discontinued, but I was reading online that Victoria's Secret likes to repackage/rename products so they might still have it around under a different name. I don't know how accurate that is, but it is believable.

I bought 3 of the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Glosses I think about 2-3 years ago. It was definitely more recent than the Sweet Talk lip glosses. I bought them in Grapesicle, Appletini, and the third one the name came off so I have no idea what it is called. It is a light brownish color and it smells like coconuts. On the label it says that these are $7.00 each. I bought 3 of them because when I was standing in Victoria's Secret line buying something, I noticed that they had a sale on these at 3 for $15.00 and I had to grab them! I don't believe that I paid more than $15 for all 3.

I have decided that I am going to be reviewing this product separately for each of the lip glosses because each lip gloss appears to have different pigment shades for each one. This week I am going to be reviewing Grapesicle and Appletini because I know the names. In the next couple of weeks my theme is going to change to random lip glosses that I have collected over the years from different places where the information has been rubbed off over the years and I'm pretty sure those products don't exist anymore. This is a collection from many, many years. In the next couple of weeks look for those products.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Grapesicle.

*Fair warning: this product, Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss does not exist as it is seen in this blog. Beauty Rush products have been repackaged and it may have been renamed.*

 

Rating:

Price: 8/10
Package: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 10/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 9/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total: 108/120=90%=A

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments: I lowered the rating because I bought the 3 lip glosses during a sale like 3 for $15. I do think that $7 for an individual lip gloss is a bit pricey because you can get other lip glosses that smell and taste good for cheaper. I have not had any problems with the packaging, it is kind of simple, but cute. I think you get a decent amount of product. I feel like this product gives me the idea that there should be some kind of pigment to it because it's not sheer/see through in the tube which I think indicates trying to have some sheer/light pigment. When I applied it to my lips all I saw was clear and glossy. If it is going for some pigment then it doesn't quite get there. It doesn't even have a hint of color like it does in the tube. It lasts a little bit longer than most lip glosses because it is a bit thicker consistency. These smell and taste amazing! Oh my! It smells and tastes just like grapes. I personally don't mind that they are a bit thick and sticky, but I know some people don't like that feeling. It is very easy to apply. I have not had any issues with it globing on. It applies easily and smoothly even though it's a squeeze tube. I think this lip gloss can be used on dry lips because the thickness of the gloss covers up the dryness and gives the lips a smooth, very glossy look. I took off a point because if it is supposed to be semi-pigmented, then I'm not sure this would show up on darker skin when it barely shows up on my some what pale skin. If I could recommend this product, but since it doesn't exist as seen in my blog, I cannot =-( That is so disappointing!
 
The reason why Grapesicle, even though personally more my type of lip gloss flavor, got a slightly lower rating than Appletini, is because I feel that Grapesicle was giving indication from looking at the tube that it was trying to go for a light to medium pigmented lip gloss because it has more pigment in the tube without sparkles which it did not live up to versus Appletini which gave indication from looking at the tube that even though yellowish in color was more see through and focused more on the sparkles because it has a ton of sparkles which it lived up to. I hope that make sense, if not, please don't be afraid to ask. Grapesicle=more pigment, no sparkles=indication of geared towards shiny pigment lip gloss. Appletini= see through yellowish color with tons of sparkles= indication of geared towards clear sparkly lip gloss.

Thank you so much for reading =-)

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment