Tuesday, February 5, 2013

L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powder in #408 Soft Ivory

Hello everyone!


I was going through my makeup products and decided to look up L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup because I have had this for years. I bought this at my local Walgreens like 5+ years ago when I first started getting into makeup. I was trying to find liquid foundations, but I was at my local Walgreens one day and they were having a sale where it said buy one get one of the same products free. I ended up splurging and buying 2 Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Makeup in #456 Soft Ivory, 2 Bare Naturale Soft Focus Mineral Finish (I lost one of them a while back), 2 Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Concealer in 476 Fair/Light and 2 Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powders in 408 Soft Ivory.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing the L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powder in #408 Soft Ivory (pressed powder). It appears that they have renamed this product as L'Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Powder in N1 Soft Ivory. I apparently went a little overboard on the sale with buy one get one free and since I was just starting out in makeup I didn't really know the difference between the products. I know a little bit more about makeup now. I wasn't sure if I had to buy this or not so I think I did anyway.

*Fair warning: the product L'Oreal Paris Bare Naturale Gentle Mineral Powder in #408 Soft Ivory has been changed to L'Oreal Paris True Match Super Blendable Powder in N1 Soft Ivory, it appears it has been reformulated, and has new packaging.*

 

Rating:

Price: 7/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 9/10
Coverage: 7/10
Longevity: 7/10
For different skin types: 7/10
Application: 9/10
Overall rating: 6/10
Would I buy this again: 3/10
Total: 65/90= 72.2%= C

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments: I don't remember how much I paid for this exactly, but I am going to say some where between $6-$8. I think that is too much to pay for this specific product. I really like the packaging because it comes with a brush, on the back it comes with a mirror, and when you twist the top off the powder doesn't spill all over! You get a decent amount of product. I think they should either lower the price or add more product. This product goes on very sheer and if you have been reading my blogs up to this point you will know how much I don't like sheer foundation of any kind! It is kind of buildable to a medium coverage. I would not trust this product if working long hours or someone who is prone to sweating/hot day/not in air conditioning. I definitely would not recommend this for dry skin. It doesn't cover up my large pores and up close it seems to bring them out. From further away it appears to hide them some what. I don't look like I have a flawless face, but they don't show as much as they do up close. I cannot imagine putting powder, on top of powder, on top of powder for my already dry skin. I don't have a problem with the actual application, but after I apply the product it doesn't blend well into my dry skin so I can still see redness on my face, my large pores came out to say hello, and it looks uneven because it brought out my large pores. Eek! I would not recommend this product, especially for people with dry skin and large pores. I might recommend this for oily people who could benefit from powder on top of powder on top of powder because these powders dry out the skin.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

2 comments:

  1. What a nice blog! I enjoyed your review. Did you know that if you have big pores cold will help shrink them? If you take an ice cube and rub it lightly on your face until it melts, pat dry with a soft cloth and then apply your makeup, that should help. Very cold water works as well. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wrote a long comment and somehow it did not appear, gr. Thank you so much for the info! I did know a little bit about how warm water opens up pores and cold water closes pores, but for some reason I never thought of doing that. I will have to try this in the hot Summer months when my pores really open up. Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete