Friday, February 22, 2013

Old Navy Color Lip Gloss [no name]

 

 

Hi everyone!


I am a huge fan of lip gloss. I used to randomly buy lip gloss from different places while shopping. Apparently a while back when I was shopping at Old Navy I stumbled upon this near the register area. I had to have it. I must have bought this a really long time ago, like 10+ years. I'm not sure why I kept it for such a long time. I rarely used it because I was one of those people who when I bought things I didn't like to use it up in fear of not being able to buy it again. I did that with a lot of my makeup. I would use half of it and then save it so that if I ran out of the product then I had the packaging so I could re-buy it again or if I found out the product wasn't carried anymore then I would still have it. I guess you could say I was a lip gloss hoarder back in the day! I have had this lip gloss for so long that a lot of the writing on it has been rubbed off over the years, but I can just barely make out that it says Old Navy Color on it. This is a silver very sparkly lip gloss.

This was just a random lip gloss I bought from Old Navy about 10 years ago while doing some shopping there. I don't really have any stories to go with this product except that I recently used it within the past year and a half over a dark colored lipstick. The silvery color and tons of sparkles toned down the color of the lipstick, gave it some shine, and added a sparkly effect to it. It looked super cute together. I guess I just never found the use for this until recently.

I did research on the official Old Navy website for this lip gloss and I could not find anything on the website that said accessories or anything. I am definitely going to assume that this lip gloss is discontinued.

*Fair warning: the product Old Navy Color Lip Gloss has more than likely been discontinued.*

 

RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Smell: 7/10
Taste: 6/10
Texture: 7/10
Application: 10/10
On different lips: 7/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I buy it again: 3/10
Total: 96/120=80%=B

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments: I don't remember exactly how much I paid for this product, but it could not have been more than a couple of dollars. If it had not been I probably would not have bought it. Old Navy was not known for lip glosses. The packaging is simple, but cute. I have not had any problems with the product leaking or anything. It appears to have a very decent amount of product. This lip gloss doesn't give me any indication that it is meant to have color, but it definitely indicates a lot of sparkles. I think that this lip gloss is in line with longevity of any normal lip gloss, but maybe a little bit less than, because it does feel a bit thing. The smell of the product is that it tries to smell sweet, but doesn't quite make it. I'm not sure if that's because of how long it's been or because it really does smell that weirdly. It smells like waxy semi-sweet. I want to say it smells like an old foot. The taste is super waxy. When you first apply the lip gloss it feels glossy and smooth. After the application when I rub my lips together it feels very grainy. I can feel the glossy part fades away quickly, but I can feel the glitter in my lips, on my lips, and when I rub my lips together. I don't like that feeling at all. On application I don't have any complaints, it goes on quite smoothly and evenly. It's the after application part that gets me, the way the lip gloss feels on my lips. It's not a good feeling. It almost feels like tiny little sand settled into and on my lips. I would not use this lip gloss on dry lips because the gloss fades leaving the lips feeling dry. When I try to apply unglossy lip gloss to my dry lips I get a little bit of a burning sensation like the lip product is drying my lips out even more so. I think this lip gloss would look good on different skin colors because it's basically just glitter/sparkly. If I could buy this product again I probably would because I do like how I can use it to tone down dark lipstick colors and play around with lip products to create my own, but as far as actually seeking out to buy this specific one, probably not.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment