Monday, February 25, 2013

Lip Gloss in #60 Sparkling Sand

 

 

Hi everyone!

I was looking through my makeup collection and I stumbled upon a lip gloss where the product brand name has been completely rubbed off. The only thing that I have to identify this lip gloss with is on the bottom that is a tiny little sticker that says #60 Sparkling Sand. I search for the number and name through both bing.com and google.com. The only one that came up that even appeared similar to what I have is Maybelline Wet Shine Diamond Liquid Lip Gloss. I think I do remember before the writing completely wiped off it said something about Wet Shine. I think that it might be the product.

I have no idea how I came to have this product. I don't remember buying a Maybelline product. I'm not known to buy Maybelline products. I don't remember if I bought it or if I found it in the junk drawer.

According to the official Maybelline website I could not find this product on there and I could not find anything that said Wet Shine Diamond Liquid Lip Gloss. I really like when on the official website of products they have a discontinued tab because they list their discontinued products and try to give recommendations for similar products. Maybelline is one of those websites that has the discontinued tab so I looked under that and I could not find anything about Wet Shine Diamond Liquid Lip Gloss or #60 Sparkling Sand. It must have been so long since they had this product that it's not even on their discontinued page. I did find a #60 on the website but it has a completely different name. I also looked on the Walmart website and I could not find this product or any Wet Shine Diamond Liquid Lip Glosses on there either. I am going to say that it is fairly safe to assume that this product is discontinued.

*Fair warning: the product may be the Maybelline Wet Shine Diamond Liquid Lip Gloss in #60 Sparkling Sand. If this product is the Maybelline product then it is safe to assume that it has been discontinued. The #60 exists under a different name.*

RATING:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 9/10
Amount of product: 9/10
Pigment: 8/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 7/10
Taste: 6/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
On different lips: 9/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Would I buy this again: 3/10
Total: 96/120=80%=B

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments: I honestly don't know how much this cost, but according to Walmart the average price seems to be about $5.50. Since I don't know how much it actually cost I took a point off. The packaging is simple and cute. I noticed slight product leakage when I screwed the cap back on after using so I took a point off for that because if left alone it shouldn't leak. I think the you get a decent amount of product for the above amount. But since I don't know the price I took a point off. I'm not sure if I would pay that much for this product if I could. I feel that from looking at the packaging it is supposed to be a pigmented lip gloss. I would say that this definitely has some pigment, a bit sheer, but that might be due to the fact it's a brownish color. Even though this has pigment, I feel that it still goes on a bit sheer, but glossy and shiny (sparkly) looking. I feel that this lip gloss lasts about as long as normal lip gloss. This lip gloss smells like wax, but with an off smell to it. It definitely has a very waxy after taste. I don't like the smell or taste of this product. This lip gloss does have a bit of a medium to thick feeling to it. It doesn't feel very sticky, but I can definitely feel the product on my lips. I didn't find any problem with the application of this product, it goes on smoothly and evenly. I would say that this lip gloss can be applied to dry lips without any problems. I'm not sure how this pigment might look on darker skin color. I took a point off. Since this product is discontinued I can't recommend it, but I'm not entirely convinced that I would recommend it even if it wasn't discontinued. It's an okay lip gloss for an okay price, but there are definitely better ones out there.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment