Thursday, February 7, 2013

Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Appletini

Hey everyone!

 

Yesterday while I was looking up Victoria's Secret lip gloss products I also looked up this product the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss. On the official Victoria's Secret website they still have Beauty Rush products, but the packaging and names of the products appear to have changed. This is the most disappointing because I really like two of them and now I can't go out and buy them. Sad face. I think that I can safely assume that they are discontinued, but I was reading online that Victoria's Secret likes to repackage/rename products so they might still have it around under a different name. I don't know how accurate that is, but it is believable.

I bought 3 of the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Glosses I think about 2-3 years ago. It was definitely more recent than the Sweet Talk lip glosses. I bought them in Grapesicle, Appletini, and the third one the name came off so I have no idea what it is called. It is a light brownish color and it smells like coconuts. On the label it says that these are $7.00 each. I bought 3 of them because when I was standing in Victoria's Secret line buying something, I noticed that they had a sale on these at 3 for $15.00 and I had to grab them! I don't believe that I paid more than $15 for all 3.

I have decided that I am going to be reviewing this product separately for each of the lip glosses because each lip gloss appears to have different pigment shades for each one. This week I am going to be reviewing Grapesicle and Appletini because I know the names. In the next couple of weeks my theme is going to change to random lip glosses that I have collected over the years from different places where the information has been rubbed off over the years and I'm pretty sure those products don't exist anymore. This is a collection from many, many years. In the next couple of weeks look for those products.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing the Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss in Appletini.

*Fair warning: this product, Victoria's Secret Beauty Rush Lip Gloss does not exist as it is seen in this blog. Beauty Rush products have been repackaged and it may have been renamed.*

 

Rating:

Price: 8/10
Package: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 10/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy this again: 3/10
Total: 109/120=90.83%=90.8%=A

My personal rating: 8/10=80%=B

Comments: As I've said in my previous blogs that I bought 3 of these products on sale as a 3 for like $15. I think that $7.00 for one lip gloss is a bit overpriced because now a days you can get similar lip glosses that moisturize the lips, have pigment, are very glossy, and are cheaper. I have not personally had any issues with the packaging, it is kind of simple, but cute. I do think that you get a decent amount of lip gloss. I don't feel that this specific lip gloss is showing any indication that it is trying to have pigment. In the tube it looks like a see through yellow with tons of glitter which indicates to me that it's supposed to be more clear glossy with a lot of sparkle. It does just that! I feel that these lip glosses last a little bit longer than other lip glosses because it is a thicker consistency. The smell and taste of this lip gloss tastes just like apples! Wow! It's not personally my favorite smell, but I'm more focused on judging if it looks like it's trying to have pigment and if it takes it there, not about the different smells. It is very thick on the lips and it is a bit sticky. I personally don't have an issue with that. I haven't personally had any issues with the product even though it's in a squeezable package. It goes on evenly and smoothly. I think that this lip gloss can be applied to dry lips to make them look more hydrated/moisturized and it covers up the dryness very well. Since it's supposed to be clear/glossy/sparkly it should go great on any skin color. I would recommend this product if it had not been discontinued. The only reason why I gave this particular lip gloss a C rating is because if they still carried these, I don't think I would go back to the store to buy more of this. It's just personally not my flavor of choice. If I had a choice of something other than apple flavor I would be all over it!

The reason why Appletini got a higher rating than the Grapesicle, which is personally more of my type, is because I feel that Grapesicle was trying to be more of a light to medium pigmented lip gloss that didn't live up to versus I feel that Appletini, even though a yellowish color in the tube, gave indication it was meant more as just a clear sparkly lip gloss which it did live up to. I hope that makes sense, if not, please don't be afraid to ask. Grapesicle=more pigment, no sparkles=indication of geared towards shiny pigment lip gloss. Appletini= see through yellowish color with tons of sparkles= indication of geared towards clear sparkly lip gloss.

Thank you so much for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment