Wednesday, November 27, 2013

MAC Cremestick Lip Liner in Enriched Red

Hi everyone!

 

 


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know it's early, but that's okay.

About a year ago MAC had a collection called Fashion Set and they had like 10 different ones of a lipstick, a lip glass, and a nail polish all the same color. The one that I bought online was the Russian Red, mostly because I am Russian so I thought the name was pretty cool and I wanted to try wearing a red lip so I bought it. I ended up buying the lipstick, the lip glass, and this is separate from the Fashion Set but I bought a red lip liner because I did not have one.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing the MAC Cremestick lip liner in Enriched Red. As I stated above I bought this product to go with my purchase of the Fashion Set in Russian Red. Lip liners are very useful when it comes to outlining the lips when using bold color lipsticks such as red like this one. I did not have any red lip liners so I decided to try it because I felt the lipstick and lipglass would look better lined than unlined. A few years ago I bought the cremestick lip liner in Sublime Culture and absolutely loved it. I will do a review on it soon. Plus when you spend $50 at MAC it's free shipping. It worked out perfectly. I did not go for the Russian Red nail polish because I know I would rarely wear it and every item in the set was set up to be purchased separately and I did not want to spend $15 on nail polish.

On to the review of the MAC Cremestick lip liner in Enriched Red.

RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Smell: 8/10
Taste: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 10/10
Overall product rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total: 116/120=96.66%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A

Comments: The price of this product is $15 which is a bit pricey for a lip liner, but this is the best lip liner I have ever purchased. I love everything about it. I think it is definitely worth the price. The packaging on this product is cute and I love it because it twists to get the product out rather than having to deal with sharpening. I have always been a huge fan of the twisting package for eye liners and lip liners, but that is probably more so personal preference. I was really surprised, but for the price you definitely get a lot of product. The price of the product and the amount of the product are definitely comparable. I feel that this specific lip liner definitely has a lot of pigment, but once again it gives the option of applying it softly so it's not as intense, but still gives pigment, or you can choose to go a bit heavier with the product to get a more intense pigment. I like that it gives that option. Whether you apply it lightly or on a heavier side you still get pigment, but the intensity changes. I do not feel that these lip liners would last super long on their own so I had to take a point off, but they are not advertised as long lasting either. It lasts as long as a regular lip liner does. I do feel that it lasts longer underneath the lipstick and lipglass though. The combination of lip liner and matte lipstick give the lip liner longevity. In parts of my lips I do feel that either the lip liner or lipstick bled a very tiny bit. It's not hugely noticeable, but I did notice a little bit. There is a very slight chemically smell to these lip liners which I am not a big fan of, but it's not overwhelming. I would definitely take off a few points for them not smelling very good. I have not had any problems that I am aware of as far as taste/aftertaste of the lip liners because I only use them to outline my lips. I have not had any problems with that. These lip liners are not heavy and feel smooth on once applied. These are the best lip liners I have ever personally used because they slide on smoothly and evenly even on dry lips. I have had this lip liner for about a year and it has not dried out yet. I feel that this product works well with dry lips to apply evenly and smoothly onto the lip to outline. I would definitely repurchase the cremestick lip liners from MAC even though I'm not a big fan of the smell.

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment