Wednesday, November 27, 2013

MAC Fashion Set in Russian Red Lipstick

Hi everyone!

 

 


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know it's early, but that's okay.

About a year ago MAC had a collection called Fashion Set and they had like 10 different ones of a lipstick, a lip glass, and a nail polish all the same color. The one that I bought online was the Russian Red, mostly because I am Russian so I thought the name was pretty cool and I wanted to try wearing a red lip so I bought it. I ended up buying the lipstick, the lipglass, and this is separate from the Fashion Set but I bought a red lip liner because I did not have one.

In this blog I am going to be talking about the MAC Russian Red Lipstick. Some of the Fashion Set collections were put into the permanent line in the MAC makeup and the Russian Red lipstick and lip glass were both put in the regular MAC collection. The red is a matte color and is a little bit on the brighter side. It is more of a bright red than a dark red. The MAC website describes it as an intense bluish-red.

RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 7/10
Texture: 9/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 9/10
Overall product: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 8/10
Total: 112/120= 93.33%= A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%= A

Comments:I think I paid about $15-$16 for this lipstick because when it first came out in the Fashion Set I think it was a dollar more than it says it is now which is $15. I think for a MAC product that is a bit much for a lipstick, but not over the top like some high end lipsticks that are over like $20. It is a decent price. The packaging is super cute and I have not personally had any issues with it. It is the same packaging as their other lipstick products. I think that you do get a decent amount of product for the price. The pigment of this lipstick is definitely there. You do have the option of applying it lightly to where you still get pigment but not as intense or if you apply it a little bit heavier it adds more pigment. I like that option of being able to apply it how you want it and I feel this product gives that without compromising on pigment. Whether you apply it lightly or a bit heavily you get pigment with this product, but the intensity varies. I feel that this lipstick lasts just about as long as other matte lipsticks, but maybe a little bit more so since it is so pigmented. I like the smell of it, it has a slight sweet/vanilla scent that once applied to the lips is not overbearing or anything. But I am not a big fan of the aftertaste I get after applying the lipstick to my lips and lick them a little bit. It does have a bit of a chemically aftertaste so I took some points off for that. The texture is definitely comparable to other matte lipsticks so I took a point off because matte lipsticks are a bit drying. This lipstick does show the lines in my dry lips. The application of the lipstick is great even on dry lips, it is very smooth to apply whether you tap it on or whether you slide it on. On different lips I took a point off because it does show dry lips, but if you apply the lipglass over it then it looks a lot better so I would suggest purchasing both the lipstick and the lipglass to add shine to the matte lipstick and the lipglass smooths over the dryness. I am very satisfied with the product itself even though I still feel that this lipstick color is a bit much for me, but that's the color, not the actual product. I am very satisfied with the product overall. I am glad that MAC added this to their permanent line. I took some points off because I know I would repurchase the lipstick itself from MAC, but I am not sure I would repurchase this color. If that makes sense.

I know that this was long over due, but I hope it helps with your future lipstick purchases from MAC!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment