Monday, November 25, 2013

Very Mini-Haul ( L'Oreal Paris Damage-Erasing Balm) and Hair Update

Hi everyone!



This weekend while I was doing my weekly grocery shopping I stopped in the hair section to pick up a product for my hair. I thought I would share with you what I bought. I bought the L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare New Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm. Wow, that is a super long title.

If you have been keeping up with my blog for the past year or so, I have mentioned a lot about my hair issues. About 2 years ago I died my hair, didn't like the color and a week later redyed it. It seems that ever since I did that my hair has not been the same. My hair went from super oily all the time to super dry all the time. The past year or so I have been commenting about how my hair also seems to have increased in falling out more than I have ever seen it before. Well, the past few months it has been crazily breaking off/falling out/tangling/dryness. Now I will mention that I probably did a lot of damage to my hair because I wore hair ties all the time during the summer- both during the day and at night while I was sleeping so that probably didn't help. I have stopped wearing hair ties overnight while sleeping. A few years ago on youtube I was looking up hair products and stumbled upon a video with someone raving about the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle. I even reviewed that product in my blog. I still think it is a good product, but I did mention that I did have an issue with the product not seeming to actually repair the hair but works super well short term for a quick fix without actually doing anything to benefit the hair. It was mostly surface care. Recently with the increase in my hair breaking/falling out I have decided to branch out into other haircare products and even to the point of spending a lot of money to fix this problem.

My hair was already fairly thin to start with, but I have noticed that it has gotten thinner. That could be due to age. I am getting older. I rarely style my hair and I have only colored my hair maybe 10 times (most of those times were professionally at a salon). There is no way my hair is acting out because I'm putting too many products, or using too much heat, or anything like that. I'm attributing it to getting older and wearing tight hair ties at night while sleeping.

My hair care routine for the past year has been Aussie Moist Shampoo and Conditioner with the Aussie 3 Minute Miracle and sometimes after I shower I put in the Aussie Hair Insurance leave in conditioner. I think it is safe to say that I was right in saying that even though those products are good, they don't do anything for the long term. After a day or so my hair would go back to being dry. It is not working for me.

So after my bottles run out of the Aussie products I am going to switch to different shampoo and conditioner. But in the meantime I am going to try the L'Oreal Paris Advanced Hairecare New Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm. This product claims that it repairs up to 1 year of damage in 1 use. It also claims to deeply repair and reconstructs dry, chemically treated hair along with instantly repair 1. split ends, 2. weak, 3. rough, 4. dull, and 5. dehydrated hair. I bought this at my local Walmart for about $6. I originally was going to go with the spray of this version, but my local Walmart only had the balm as the option so I went with this. There were empty shelves so maybe my local Walmart does carry the spray but they could have been out of it, but I am going to keep looking for it.

I will probably have a lot of mini-hauls and updates about hair because that is my number 1 priority currently. I still have a lot of makeup to review so there will still be makeup reviews, just don't be surprised if there are a lot more hair discussions.

My initial thoughts on the L'Oreal Paris Advanced Haircare New Total Repair 5 Damage-Erasing Balm is that it makes a lot of claims on the jar and it has kind of a sweet soapy smell to it.

I should also mention that for the past week I have been taking vitamins. I have been taking 1 multi-vitamin a day, 1-2 fish oil a day, and 1 biotin to also help with the hair issues. I plan to increase my biotin vitamin to twice a day for this week though and probably switch off where 1 week I will do one a day and the following week twice a day.

Thank you so much for reading. I can't wait to try out this product and let everyone know how it goes!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment