Wednesday, November 27, 2013

MAC Fashion Set in Russian Red Lipglass

Hi everyone!

 

 


Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I know it's early, but that's okay.

About a year ago MAC had a collection called Fashion Set and they had like 10 different ones of a lipstick, a lip glass, and a nail polish all the same color. The one that I bought online was the Russian Red, mostly because I am Russian so I thought the name was pretty cool and I wanted to try wearing a red lip so I bought it. I ended up buying the lipstick, the lip glass, and this is separate from the Fashion Set but I bought a red lip liner because I did not have one.

In this blog I am going to be reviewing the MAC Fashion Set lipglass in Russian Red. Some of the Fashion Set collections were put into the permanent line in the MAC makeup and the Russian Red lipstick and lipglass were both put in the regular MAC collection. The red lipglass has fairly decent pigment in it. You could buy and wear just the lipglass because it is so pigmented, especially for someone like me who is afraid to wear very bold colors such as red. The lipglass gives someone like me just the right amount of pigment with a glossy finish so it stands out, but doesn't feel over the top. I'm going to go out on a limp and say that this is the most pigmented lipglass/lipgloss I have ever seen or purchased! I love it!

RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 9/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity:9/10
Smell:10/10
Taste: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Different lips: 10/10
Overall product rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total: 116/120=96.66%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A

Comments: I think I paid about $15-$16 for this lipglass when it first came out in the Fashion Set collection, but the price of it now is $15. I think that is a bit much for a lipglass, but since it is a MAC I feel that it is decently priced for a high-end lipgloss because some other high-end lipglosses are like $20+. I have not personally seen any problems with the packaging, it is simple, but cute and it does not leak the product out. I would say that I feel that even though you get a decent amount of lipglass product, it does feel like it's not full all the way, but that could just be me. I think they could give a bit more for the price. If you are a person like me who is always looking for pigmented lipglosses, this is the right product for you. This lipglass is so pigmented that you could wear it alone or it gives a nice shiny gloss on top of the lipstick. I took some points off for longevity because I feel that it lasts about as long as other lipglosses, maybe a little bit more so because of the pigment, but it definitely lasts a bit longer when you put it on top of the Russian Red matte lipstick. The two products used together I feel create the most longevity. The lipglass by itself is decent and the lipstick by itself is decent, but together it's like wow! I like the smell of it because it gives a sweet/vanilla scent, but without overpowering, especially when applied to the lips. I had to take a point off for taste because it does have a bit of an aftertaste, not as bad as the lipstick, but I don't really like it. The lipglass doesn't feel sticky, and it doesn't feel heavy. The application of the lipglass is super smooth and easy. I feel that this lipglass helps to fill in the lines so they are not as noticeable with the lipstick, but also on it's own it does a good job of applying and covering dry lips. It makes the lips feel smoother. I would definitely repurchase this lipglass on it's own as well as the color.

I know that this was a late review, but I hope it helps with your future purchases of MAC lipglasses!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment