Thursday, December 19, 2013

Walgreens Mini-Haul Carmex and Revlon 12/19/2013

Hey everyone!

 

 


I just made a quick run to Walgreens because I had coupons for 4 Carmex lip balms and 1 Revlon lip gloss.I spent depending on how you look at it either $1.00 or $2.00 total on the four carmex lip balms which is about $0.57 each and I spent depending on how you look at it either $2.99 or $4.99 for the 1 Revlon lip gloss. If you are interested in learning more about how much I spent then keep reading after I talk about the products.

For the first items of discussion, I bought 4 Carmex Lip Balm. I bought two in Strawberry flavor and I accidentally bought 2 in the Original flavor. I am very disappointed with the strawberry flavor one because it smells a little bit like fake strawberries, but it tastes absolutely nothing like strawberries. But I do love the way it is helping with my super dry lips. Regularly each Carmex Lip Balm is $1.59, but I only spent about $0.57 [plus $0.07 tax] each for a total of $2.28.

For the second item of discussion, I bought the Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss in 030 Bronze Shimmer. I just bought one because of the good deal I got on it. I actually paid $4.99 [without tax] $5.55 [with tax], but with the deal I could say I only paid $2.99 for it. I personally feel more comfortable saying that I paid $4.99 for the lip gloss because that is how much the charge was put on my card so I am going to say I spent $4.99 plus tax totaled $5.55 for the Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss.

If you are interested in how much I paid read the next few paragraphs.

My local Walgreens was having a deal on Carmex Chap sticks 4/$4.00 and I had 2 coupons for buy 2 get a $1.00 off plus for buying all 4 Walgreens was going to give me 1,000pts= $1.00. My local Walgreens was having a deal on Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss and I had a coupon for $2.00 off plus Walgreens was going to print me a $2.00 register reward. I had to jump on those deals!


Carmex Lip Balm price:


At my local Walgreens the Carmex Lip Balms regularly are $1.59 for each tube. My local Walgreens was having a sale on the Carmex lip balm 4/$4.00. That was in their in store special, if you bought 4 then they were $1.00 each. I found two coupons online where each coupon said if you buy 2 Carmex lip balms you get $1.00 off. I had two coupons that said if you buy 2 Carmex lip balms you get a $1.00 off. Since I was buying 4 Carmex lip balms total I could use two online coupons on the in store deal.
The store was having a deal where if you bought 4 Carmex lip balms 4/$4.00 then I would get 1,000 points on my rewards card (which I have read is similar to register rewards) which earns me $1.00 because 1,000 points= $1.00.
I could say that I spent $0.25 for each lip balm because my total would be 4 products for $1.00 so $1.00 divided by 4 products = $0.25.
I feel like I am not explaining this correctly, but I am trying to be as detailed as possible.

1 tube of Carmex at regular price is $1.59
My local Walgreens was having an in store special on buy 4 for $4.00.
I had two separate coupons that each said if I buy two then I would get $1.00 off. Since I had two coupons it was a total of $2.00 off.
4/$4.00 minus $1.00 coupon for two minus $1.00 coupon for two, therefore, 4/$4.00-$2.00 in coupons= 4/$2.00.
4/$2.00= $0.50 per each tube of Carmex.
My total was $2.28 because the sales tax on the 4 Carmex lip balms was $0.28.
The total that I paid out of pocket was $2.28.
But since I got 1,000 points/$1.00 reward I could say I paid $1.28 total or $0.25 per lip balm. But since I did not actually pay $1.28, I actually paid $2.28 out of pocket because I got the rewards after my transaction so I cannot use the $1.00 reward until my next purchase. 
I hope that made some sort of sense. If not, then please feel free to ask any questions that you may have.


Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss price:


1 Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss at regular price is $7.99. My local Walgreens was having an in store special 1 for $6.99 if you used your store card. I had an online manufacture coupon for any Revlon lip product for $2.00 off.
This is how extreme couponing is done- it is called stacking- and it gives amazing discounts. The store was having a sale on the product, plus the store offered an in store coupon, and I had a manufacturer coupon that I found online.

1 Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss is regularly $7.99.
My local Walgreens was having a sale 1/$6.99 with store card/in store coupon.
I had a manufacturer coupon for $2.00 off.
1/$7.99 minus $1.00 in store coupon minus $2.00 manufacturer coupon, therefore, 1/$6.99-$3.00 in coupons= $3.99. This is the price that I actually paid out of pocket.
The reason why I can say that I paid $2.99 for this product is because on top of the in store deal, the in store coupon, and the manufacturer coupon, the store was also going to print a $2.00 coupon which is known as a register reward for buying the product. I cannot technically use that coupon because it prints after the transaction is over. If I counted the coupon that it printed after the transaction then I can say it was like I paid $2.99 for the product, but since I did not actually pay $2.99 out of pocket and because I cannot use the $2.00 register reward until my next transaction I do not feel comfortable saying that I paid $2.99 because I actually paid $4.99 (plus tax but I forgot what the tax came to be) out of my wallet. But I get to use the $2.00 register reward on my next purchase when I go on Saturday and the best part is I can use the coupon for anything in the store so I might be getting something that is priced at $2.00 for free.
To restate what happened: I used a store sale, an in store coupon, and a manufacturer coupon to pay $4.99+ tax for the Revlon Colorburst Lip Gloss, but I got a register reward for $2.00 off on my next purchase that I can use on anything in the store [I think except Revlon lip products since that is how I received my $2.00 reward]
I know that this whole paragraph was super confusing, but I tried to explain it the best that I can. If you have further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.


Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment