Thursday, January 9, 2014

MAC Cremestick Liner in Sublime Culture

Hi everyone!



I bought the MAC cremestick liner in Sublime Culture about two years ago. I can't believe it has taken me this long to finally do a review on it, but I had some other things that I needed to review that I have had previous to this purchase. This product was in my very first MAC makeup mini-haul. That was super exciting. I am a huge fan of this product.

I was very thankful because the MAC representative that I got the first time I went to my local MAC counter was super helpful. She asked me what I was looking for and I told her that this was my first time buying MAC products. I told her that I wanted a lip liner so she showed me all the ones they had out on their display and even swatched them for me on her hands to show me what the product looked like. I took it home, tried it out, and instantly loved the way it applied. I have almost used this product up.

Side note: the picture above is not an accurate representation of how much product you actually receive because I use this lip liner quite a bit. For a more accurate representation of product amount please see my blog post on the MAC Cremestick Lip Liner in Enriched Red.

RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 9/10
Smell: 8/10
Taste: 10/10
Texture: 10/10
Application: 10/10
Different lip types: 10/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I repurchase: 10/10
Total: 116/120=96.66%=96.7%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A

Comments: Even around 2 years later I am still raving about this lip liner product. You do get a decent amount of product even for the price, although, I personally do think that $15.00 for a lip liner is a bit high. I would be crazy enough to pay that price to buy this lip liner. I personally really like this packaging because the product twists in and out of the packaging. I don't like having to deal with sharpening pencils, I am personally not a fan of that so I was really happy that this was a twisting product. I was surprisingly shocked in a very good way just how much product you get with this product. You get like 2 inches of product. I feel that this product gives the perfect amount of pigment. It is not overbearing, but it is not too light. I do like the fact that depending on how hard you press this product you can control how dark or how light it comes out. Even when applying normally you get pigment, but it is nice to have that control. The longevity of this product is average. I feel that it lasts a while, but it is not long lasting. I will be honest and say that I have not applied it fully to my lips to see how long this product lasts when the lips are completely filled in, but I have worn it as a liner and I would reapply it whenever I needed to touch up my lipstick. The MAC website claims it is very long lasting, but I would disagree, at least on my lips. This product has a very chemically smell to it. I don't feel that it is a huge issue once applied to the lips because you can't smell it, but if you are to just sniff it the product does not smell good at all. I don't feel like it even tries. Since this product doesn't really go near the mouth very much, unless you have a tendency to lick your lips a lot, but you would get the lipstick/lipgloss flavor way before the lip liner so I give the full points. This lip liner is creamy and smooth  and do not feel heavy once applied which is why I really like it. As I have stated throughout the paragraph the application of this lip liner is very smooth. I feel that it applies evenly on my lips. I think that this lip liner will work well with all different lips types from smooth to dry. Overall I have been very happy with this lip liner.

No comments:

Post a Comment