Thursday, January 10, 2013

Avon Glimmersticks waterproof eye liner in G04 Blackest Night

 

 

Hey everyone ::waves::!


Today in this blog I am going to be reviewing the Avon Glimmersticks Waterproof Eye Liner in G04 Blackest Night. When I first got this product I was very excited about it and if you had asked me a year ago I would have said that this is the best waterproof eye liner out there. Now that I've had a while to test it out, I am not as quick to say it's the best product out there.

What I really like about this eye liner is that it comes in a twisty pen type packaging which I will admit that I have a bias towards products when it comes to eye liners that you can twist to use the product. I have never been a huge fan of eye liner pencils because I don't work well with them and having to worry about sharpening them is a pain. The pencil either gets too sharp or too dull. I tend to stay away from eye liner pencils. Another thing I really like about this product is that you get a lot of product. It is definitely good for the price. The quality of the product itself is pretty good.

What I don't like about this Avon glimmerstick waterproof eye liner is that it is difficult to apply. It doesn't apply evenly so some parts are darker than the other parts. Sometimes it goes on thick and sometimes thin. It is a bit difficult to work with. Another thing that I don't like about this product is that it says it is supposed to be waterproof which is the reason why I bought it, but I have noticed that it does move and it does fade. I just tested it on my hand and it showed the same thing it does on my eyes. I put a small line on the back of my hand. I let it dry for a few minutes. Then I ran my finger over it. The eye liner moved and faded. I definitely would not call it waterproof.

RATING:

Price: 8/10
Package: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Longevity: 7/10
Application: 7/10
Smell: 9/10
Overall product rating: 8/10
Would I buy it again: 8/10
Total:  67/80=83.75%=B

My personal rating: 8.5/10=85%

Comments: The price of the product is $7.00 but I don't think I paid that much. Avon has a lot of sales all the time on different products. I probably paid like $3.99-5.99 for it. On clearance this is a really good buy, but I'm not sure I would personally spend $7 on the product only because I don't agree that they are actually 'waterproof'. That's why I took off a few points for price. I like the packaging because I prefer the twisting of the product to get it our rather than using pencils with having to sharpen them. The amount of product that you get is really good for the price. You get a lot of product. I was very happy about how much there actually is. I took a few points for longevity because as I stated above that after a few hours I noticed that the eye liner would move and create dark lines where I did not apply the product. That is very frustrating and disappointing. The product for me doesn't like to stay in place. It clearly says waterproof on the packaging but I did not find it to be completely true. Even though the eye liner moves, it does leave a faded layer of eye liner so it technically does last a long time where you apply it. The lines where applied don't necessarily wear off or fade. I know this sounds complicated and like a contradiction, but I hope you can kind of get what I'm trying to say. For example with eye shadow when you are applying it to the lid some of the eye shadow falls out creating what is known as fall out. It's kind of like that. Similar concept. The application of the product is not very easy. You have to press kind of hard to get the product on the lash line. You can't just apply it smoothly and evenly. Sometimes it applies a lot of products and then no product goes on at all. As far as the smell goes there is some kind of smell to the product, but once it goes on the eyes you can't smell it so it shouldn't bother anyone. It's not a pleasant smell so I took a point off. I am being a little bit too harsh on the product because I think the price is a bit steep and the packaging does say waterproof even though I haven't really experienced it. The eye liner stays on where you put it, but some of it also moves. I would definitely buy this product when it's on sale.

If you have any further questions about the product just please don't be afraid to ask. Thanks for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment