Monday, January 28, 2013

Ulta Mini-Haul of NYX Cosmetics from 01/24/2013

Hi everyone!

 

I finally got some money to spare on buying some products. The past couple of months I have been looking at NYX Cosmetics products online on youtube, on the company's website, and on Ulta's website. When I order online I like to buy enough products so I don't have to pay shipping because I feel like it's a waste of money to spend money on shipping. I have never seen or used NYX Cosmetic products before so I wasn't exactly sure what to expect from them. I didn't want to spend $50 without knowing what I was spending it on so I held off on buying.

Last week I was on my way to go grocery shopping at Aldi, I usually use Walmart, but decided to try Aldi but that's completely off topic. As I was driving to Aldi to go grocery shopping I just happened to look to my right and I saw the words, "ULTA". I was like, "Oh my gosh! I didn't know we had an Ulta here." I told myself I have to go check it out soon.

So when I finally got some extra money on Thursday I went to Ulta to check out NYX Cosmetic products. The store had a sign that said, "NOW OPEN" so it's definitely new. I bought 4 items so it's definitely a mini haul to try out some of their products.

I bought 2 eye shadows, a mega shine lipgloss and a soft matte lip cream.
NYX eye shadow in ES19 Flamingo $4.99
NYX eye shadow in ES78A Sensual $4.99
NYX mega shine lip gloss in 120A Sponge Cake $5.49
NYX soft matte lip cream in SMLC02 Stockholm $5.99

My first impressions of the products was mixed. I was a bit disappointed, especially with the lip products. My local store had quite a bit of the eye shadow collection, but a very limited lip product collection. I think the reason why I was disappointed with the lip products is because I didn't get the colors I was looking for. I swatched the eye shadows on my fingers. I liked the colors of the eye shadows and I thought they were decently pigmented. I am definitely going to be slowly building their eye shadow collection. Now that MAC eye shadows are like $15 I would rather spend a third of that using NYX eye shadows because they seem to be similar quality. I was and am very excited about that. I swatched the soft matte lip cream in Stockholm and didn't really like the way the color looked on my lips. My local Ulta store only had pinks, so I picked this one up thinking it was the closest to brown that I could see. The NYX Cosmetics website describes this color as a Mid-Tone Beige Pink. With my skin color which is more on the light side (I am an NC 25 in MAC Studio Finish foundation) so I'm on the light spectrum, but in that category I am at the darker end of the lights). Anyway, swatched on my hand this color looks more like a washed out brick color. To me it looks like a very light red/light orange tint to it. That's not what I personally was looking for when buying this product which is why I was so disappointed. Even on my lips, if you can even tell I'm wearing it especially after it dries, looks like a redish-orange color. The lip cream itself I really like. I like how it goes on smoothly, applies wet but then dries without drying the lip out, and I like the sweet smell to it. Another problem I had with my local Ulta store is because it also had limited collection on the Mega Shine Lip Glosses which seemed all geared towards pink. I picked up one that said, "Sponge Cake" which I remembered looking at that color online so I was familiar with the name which is why I bought it to try out this product line. I was a bit disappointed with this product too because I thought they would be more pigmented and I did not like the color that I chose. The NYX website says that it is a Red-Bronze with Gold Shimmer. The picture on the website looks pretty, but on my lip I can't tell, all I can see is shine. It looks like a lip gloss with a very slight red hint to it. I do love the smell of this product and if I was looking for a lip gloss with a slight hint of color but mostly glossy I would definitely reach for this because it is very glossy.

Thank you for reading. I am excited to do actual reviews on these products in the future!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment