Tuesday, January 22, 2013

Organix Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo/Conditioner

Hi everyone!

 

Today I am going to be reviewing about the Organix Ever Straight Brazilian Keratin Therapy Shampoo and Conditioner. I bought these about 6 months ago when I was finally done with Fructis and looking for alternatives for dry/damaged hair. I came across these at my local Walmart. I was super excited because it was organic and because I heard a lot of good things about keratin so I was excited to try it. The bottles are cute. The bottles have a lot of good things written on them about how it has coconut oil, keratin proteins, avocado oil, and cocoa butter. I have watched videos on youtube with people talking about how awesome coconut oil, avocado/oil, and keratin are really good for the hair. This bottle lists all of them in one product. I thought this was going to be the answer to my dry/damaged hair problems. I used only this product in my hair for a month and I didn't notice any change. My hair was still dry and tangled easily. I was very disappointed with this product.

On both the shampoo and conditioner bottles it says, "An excellent blend of antioxidant rich cocoa oil along with lush keratin proteins to strengthen and soften the hair, while avocado oil and cocoa butter smooth the cuticle for straight, strong tresses, adding a brilliant and luminescent shine."
I would disagree with the statements that it makes the hair strong or any kind of shine. I did notice it was a bit softer though.

RATING:

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 10/10
Shampoo/cleansing: 9/10
Conditioning: 7/10
Smell of shampoo/conditioner: 8/10
Longevity of shampoo/conditioner: 6/10
On dry/damaged hair: 6/10
Frizz: 5/10
De-tangling: 5/10
Overall product rating: 6/10
Would I buy this again: 3/10
Total rating: 74/110=67.27%=67.3%=D

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments: I took off a point because I think I paid around $6 per bottle. The shampoo and conditioner come in separate bottles so it was around $12-$13 for this product. Normally I wouldn't say that's expensive, but for how badly this worked it was overpriced. The packaging of the bottles is pretty cute and original, I like it. I feel that even though the shampoo doesn't have sulfates that it did it's job of cleaning. The conditioner I don't feel works as well as the conditioner. The conditioner washes out of the hair easily. Both the shampoo and conditioner don't last very long. Someone on youtube said that they felt the conditioner didn't work very well and I would have to agree with that. The conditioner is quite disappointing. The smell of the shampoo and conditioner is kind of a vegetable smell. It's not bad and it's not super strong, but I don't really like it. Normal shampoos and conditioners last a couple of days, but I felt like this barely lasted after I got out of the shower. I personally don't think this product did anything that it promised. My hair still remained frizzy even after a month of using this product. This product did nothing to de-tangle my hair at all. I feel like I might be too generous on the frizz and de-tangling ratings. I definitely don't think this product is worth the money spent on it for someone with my kind of hair. When using this product you would definitely have to use other product along with it.

I'm super bummed that it didn't work for me, but apparently according to youtube others have had success with this product. It's cheap enough to at least give it a try for a month. It's not like you are spending $20 a bottle. Then I would definitely say probably don't try it, especially if you have really dry/damaged hair. But at $6/$7 a bottle if you have the money, then it's worth a shot. I'm thinking about trying it for another month just to see what I really don't like about this product. If I do end up giving it another chance I will do an updated review.

Thanks for reading! I hope this helps =-D

Sincerely,
Marina

3 comments:

  1. Nice post, product looks great I've never tried hair oils before.

    Mira Oil Review

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you that is very kind of you =-D

    Most shampoos and conditioners put some of these oils in their products. Just read the label to find out what's in the bottles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your content really impressed me. I was in search for these quality share. Would be happy to bookmark for more. Keratin Hair Treatment

    ReplyDelete