Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Walmart Mini Haul of NYC (New York Color) from 01/25/2013

Hi everyone!

 

I had some money left over from my ULTA Mini Haul because I didn't spend as much as I thought I was going to. I was watching youtube videos on $20 makeup not using E.L.F. products and I saw a lot of N.Y.C./NYC/New York Color products. I don't know why, but I never think of trying them. A few years ago I was going to a Halloween party so I needed some quick/cheap Halloween makeup so I decided to buy a lipgloss, but I ended up liking it. Probably because when you see 99cent lipstick it doesn't exactly scream buy me. I was curious. At first I was going to try to see if I could do that makeup challenge and spend $20. I went into Walmart thinking I was going to spend at least $20.

First I couldn't find the N.Y.C. product area so I ended up walking around for a bit looking at other brands. I found a green face primer I think it was from Covergirl, but it was priced at over like $10. I tried to find a green face primer in other brands, but they didn't have them. The only other brand I know that has green face primer is Smashbox, but they want $38 for it! I have some redness on my cheeks I want to cover up that is why I am looking for a green face primer to counter the redness.

Then I finally found the New York Color/NYC/N.Y.C. makeup area. I bought the following products:
NYC (New York Color) IndividualEyes #939 Bryant Park created for Blue eyes $4.47
NYC (New York Color) Ultra Last Lipwear in #415 Brandy Sparkle $1.72
NYC (New York Color) Ultra Moist Lipwear in #304 Mocha $0.93 (93cents)
NYC (New York Color) Ultra Moist Lipwear in # 301 Cafe $0.93 (93cents)
NYC (New York Color) Ultra Moist Lipwear in #316 Blossom $0.93 (93cents)

I already had in mind that I was going to try their IndividualEyes eye shadow palette. If you have been keeping up with reading my blog I am not a huge fan of eye shadow palettes. The only eye shadow palette I have liked is the one from Avon because the quad/palette I bought of the eye shadows actually have pigment and staying power. But anyway, so I decided to try their palette for blue eyes. I liked the color selections they put in their palette. Most "drugstore" brand quads/palettes for blue eyes include like 50 shades of blue eye shadow. The NYC IndividualEyes for blue eyes had a quad/palette of purples and grays. I thought it was unique and something I was very interested in trying out. I like purples and browns so I've always had to get a quad/palette for brown eyes because they had the colors I liked. But this combination of colors for blue eyes looked super pretty and like I said definitely unique. I had to try it! I had to make a decision of either buying the quad/palette for blue eyes or I had the option of buying a smokey eye for blue eyes. I decided to just try the regular for blue eyes. If I find myself liking this I might go back and buy the smokey eye for blue eyes quad/palette. The palette comes with 4 eye shadows, an eye primer, and a highlighter. My first impression of the eye shadows is that the light purple and the light gray show up light and not very pigmented. Up close you can kind of tell one is supposed to be like a lavender color and the other a light gray, but from far away I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. The dark gray and the dark purple do show up very pigmented and you get a lot of product. I usually don't like the eye shadow applicators that come with most eye shadows/palettes, but I find myself liking these ones. They have a different feel to them and they seem to actually work with the product. I would recommend using the eye shadow applicator that comes with it. It picks up the eyeshadow and has good application. I haven't tried using my brushes with this product.

I went a little overboard on the lipsticks. I was just so excited that I could find light brown lipsticks that I bought like 3 of them. I originally wanted to buy one Ultra Last and one Ultra Moist to test them out, but then I saw that they had the colors I was looking for in Ultra Moist and they were only 93 cents each that I had to buy them. The Ultra Last was a bit more expensive. I bought this bright pink lipstick called Blossom because it looked fun and it was only 93 cents. It was a spur of the moment thing. My first impression of the NYC Ultra Moist Lipwear and the NYC Ultra Last Lipwear was that they were very pigmented for the price, they went on smoothly, and they have a nice sweet smell to them. I was blown away at the pigment of these lipsticks. I was not expecting that at all. MAC lipsticks are like $15 and I really like them, but I can definitely spend 93 cents on a NYC lipstick and get the same thing. I can spend $15 on a MAC lipstick or I can spend 93 cents on a NYC lipstick or $1.72 on a long lasting NYC lipstick. I am about cutting costs where ever I can with makeup. I think on eye shadows and lipsticks, if you can cut corners then why not? The nice thing also with the NYC lipsticks is that they are buildable. If you put on one layer you get a nice color, but if you want more pigmented color then you can apply more. Like with Blossom if you put on one layer the lipstick is pigmented, but not over the top. If you put on another layer it gets very bright. I feel as though I'm not explaining it correctly.

I am super excited to review these products in the future. Thank you so much for taking the time to read!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment