Monday, January 21, 2013

MAC Limited Edition "To Catch a Sailor" Lipstick

Hi everyone!

 

Today I am going to be finally reviewing a MAC lipstick that I bought from the MAC Hey, Sailor collection that came out like 7 or so months ago. I think it was their last Summer collection. I don't usually buy limited edition items because if I really like something then I want to be able to re-purchase it. I am not into that whole thing of someone else can't own the same thing as I do. This is a personal opinion, but I think companies purposely make limited edition items for the purpose of people being able to say that they have something not many others have. I do not know that for 100% fact so it is just my personal opinion. It also creates excitement too.

I went to my local MAC counter because I was looking for a specific item, I forget what it is now, but I was there for a purpose of buying something from MAC and I noticed the counter had a special Hey, Sailor area. I usually like to look at what's there so I went with the intent of just looking, but as soon as I saw the lipstick To Catch a Sailor in frost, I had to buy it. It is such a pretty color. I bought it.

I think I paid around $16. It is a bit more than their regular lipsticks because this was a limited edition with special packaging lipstick. I would say it is a medium tan color with with a frost finish so it has a shiny finish. But the way it goes together is really pretty.

**FAIR WARNING: THE MAC TO CATCH A SAILOR LIPSTICK IS A LIMITED EDITION ITEM!**

You might be able to buy it online on like ebay or something, but they do not sell it at the MAC counter or on the MAC website.


RATING:

Packaging: 10/10
Price: 8/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Pigment: 10/10
Longevity: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Taste: 9/10
Application: 9/10
Texture: 10/10
Different lip types: 8/10
Overall rating: 9/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Total rating: 108/120=90%=A

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments: I am not a huge fan of the Hey, Sailor packaging in particular, but the packaging of this lipstick and their others is very cute. I don't have a problem with it. I actually like their normal packaging better than their special edition packaging. I don't like how they charge a few dollars extra and I already think the lipstick is a bit expensive so I took a few points off. You get a good amount of product. I love the pigment of this lipstick and it is pigmented enough for what it's supposed to be, I think. This lipstick is a normal lipstick so it doesn't exactly have longevity, but it's not supposed to be extra lasting. I love the smell of it. It has a hint of a sweet/vanilla scent. I am not a fan of the taste or after taste of it because it does taste like a lipstick. The application is a lot easier when the lipstick is warm than when it is colder so I'm afraid I'm going to break it while applying it. I don't like that feeling. I noticed a lot of lipsticks do that. When it's warm it goes on smoothly and evenly. When it is colder it doesn't go on as smoothly or evenly so I took a point off for that. The texture is very smooth and creamy. It feels nice and light on the lips. I would recommend this for smooth lips after applying moisturizer because the lipstick applies smoother and evenly, but it also looks better on the lips. Under would I buy this again I would have given it a 10/10 but since it is a limited edition item I don't know when they are bringing it back, if ever, or if under a new name so I had to take points off for that. I would recommend this lipstick, but I can't because it is limited edition.

No comments:

Post a Comment