Thursday, January 31, 2013

L'Oreal Paris H.i.P Bright Shadow Duo in #224 Showy

Hi everyone!

 

This week I have been finding out that some of the products I own have been discontinued/renamed/repackaged etc and that I want to get those products out of the way with reviews. Continuing with these products I found out that my L'Oreal Paris H.i.P (high intensity pigments) Bright Shadow Duos in #224 Showy has been repackaged. They kept the number and the name #224 Showy, but it appears they have changed one of the colors it looks like from the Walmart website.

I bought this product about 5 years ago when I was starting to get more into makeup and was looking for very pigmented eye shadows because I thought it was fun. I do not remember how much I paid for it, but I am going to assume around $3-$5. From what I remember they had only two categories. One was matte eye shadow duos like this and metallic eye shadows/duos. From the research that I did, it was very difficult to find which is why I stay away from L'Oreal products because it takes you to a million different websites before you get to the actual website. I finally got to their official USA website with their products and I could not find this on there. After endless searching I finally found it. From seeing what mine looks like and what the new one looks like on the Walmart website that they changed the color from a medium shimmery green to a shimmery light blue color. The dark blue eye shadow looks very similar if it's not the same eye shadow, but it looks like that kept that one the same.

I am kind of bummed that they didn't keep the green because I really like that color. I thought the shimmery green and the dark blue went very well together. I am amazed at how pigmented these eye shadows were because they were from about 5 years ago. Back then I didn't think they were as pigmented as I think they are today. I tried them on before I started doing my research to see if these were still around or not which was almost 2 hours ago and they are still on my eyes fairly pigmented. I didn't even use a primer. The green kind of melted into the blue on my right eye, but it looks pretty. It looks like I put the dark blue eye shadow on my lid and then lightly swept the green shimmer on it.

*FAIR WARNING: the L'Oreal HiP (high intensity pigment) Bright Shadow Duo in #224 Showy does not exist anymore. It appears to have been re-packaged, with the shimmery green eye shadow replaced with a shimmery light blue eye shadow*

RATING:

Price:10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Pigment on fingers: 8/10
Pigment on lids: 9/10
Longevity: 8/10
On different lids: 8/10
Eye shadow blendability: 9/10
Quality: 9/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Would I buy this again: 5/10
Overall product rating: 8/10
Total: 94/110=85.45%=85.5%=B

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments: I think I paid around or under $5 for this duo from Walmart so I think that is decently priced because you get two pigmented eye shadows. The packaging is cute and simple. With this packaging on the front you lift up where you get to eye shadows and in the back there is a secret opening that has a small round mirror that comes with an applicator which is pretty cool! I'm not sure if they still do that with the new packaging or not. When I swatched the pigments on my fingers the green showed up very well, while the blue showed up, but not as pigmented so I took some points off. The blue pigment on the lids seems to go on more pigmented although I did have to put on two coats so I took a point off for that. The longevity of the pigment seems to be fairly good. It's lasted at least two hours without primer. With some good primer I can see this lasting for a while. I would recommend this product for oily lids because the colors are pigmented and seem dry, especially the blue color, so it stays in place. I have oily lids where this is an issue and if the colors can stay for over 2 hours without primer then. I think that the eye shadows are easily blendable, except the blue one struggles a little bit because it's not as easy to blend as the green eye shadow so I took a point off for that. I think that the quality on these eye shadows is above most drugstore brands. For the price I think you get a decent amount of eye shadow. I would recommend this product, but they don't carry this exact one anymore so I can't. I'm bummed. As a side note I noticed that these eye shadows go on better with the applicator it came with rather than the brushes that I used.

Thank you so much for reading! I updated because I did further research into this product and found out more information. I hope it's all correct now.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment