Thursday, September 13, 2012

Avon True Color "Glitz and Glamour" Eyeshadow Quad (Holiday Edition)

Hi!


 

This blog is going to be about the, TRUE COLOR Eyeshadow Quad (Holiday Edition) in Glitz and Glamour sold by AVON. I just looked on the AVON website and it says that they still have some of these left, they are discounted at a very good price, but I am not sure how long they are going to sell these. I would like to note that AVON does sell TRUE COLOR Eyeshadow Quads that are not limited edition. They have quite a variety of them. I would like to mention that I cannot say that the quality of the regular quads are the same as their holiday/special edition quads. I would just like that out there before we get started.

The price of this product is $9. I am not entirely sure that I actually paid that price though. I bought a couple of other items along with this holiday quad. It has been some time recently that I bought it, but I can't remember if it was before or after I started writing blogs... I think it might have been before I started. Currently this item is on sale for $3.99 which I am not going to argue with that. For about $4 it is definitely worth it. I really like the quality of the eye shadows in this quad. I am not a big fan of palettes or quads because I have personally not had much success with palettes/quads with the eye shadows not being of very good quality (for example Almay for brown eyes quad, Covergirl for blue eyes quad, and the E.L.F. 100 eyeshadow palette just to name a few). But I will say that this particular palette/quad I really like and for me to say that I like the quality of the eye shadows for this is pretty rare.

I tried to look at my order history, but after 6 months it deletes them so I don't know how much I paid. I think it may have been on sale at that time when I bought it between $4.99 and $5.99. It going for $3.99 currently is a great price!


RATING 

Price: 9/10
Packaging: 8/10
Pigment on fingers: 8/10
Pigment on lids: 8/10
Eyeshadow Blend Ability: 7/10
Quality: 7/10
Eyeshadow longevity:10/10
Size of eyeshadow (amount): 10/10
Different type of lids: 9/10
Would I buy it again: 10/10
Overall product: 9/10
Total rating:95/110=86.36%=86.4%=B+

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A

Comments: I would say the regular price of it is kind of high, but you do get 4 fairly good quality eye shadows with good pigment. If you can, try to get it when there is a sale though. On this particular quad there are a lot of sales. I like the packaging it is quite simple, but cute. I think the pigments on this quad are the best that I have had the pleasure of experiencing. That is very exciting for me. I feel like the eye shadows are a bit difficult to worth with in terms of blending the eye shadows together. I do feel that even the though the pigment quality of the eye shadows is good, they are a bit on the dry side. I think they feel dry and kind of chalky. For the longevity of the eyeshadow I have a bit of a story. One day a while back I used the E.L.F. eyelid primer and used this AVON quad to create a look. I was playing around with this eyeshadow quad. I tried it on. Then for some reason I ended up taking a nap because I was tired. When I woke up the eyeshadow had not moved at all. It was so cool! I could not wait to share that with everyone. I cannot say with full certainty that it was not because of the E.L.F. eyelid primer, but I'm pretty sure it wasn't. I think it was all because of the AVON eye shadows. You get a lot of eyeshadow for each of the colors. It is a decent amount, especially if you get the quad on sale. As I have mentioned before that I have really oily lids. I have to be careful of what products I buy. I can safely say that I feel these eye shadows are good to use with oily lids because I have oily lids and I have not had issues with these eye shadows and because I fell asleep with it on and it did not budge. I am uncertain how these eye shadows might do with people who have dry lids. That is why I didn't give it the full 10 points. I would definitely recommend this to those who do tend to have oily lids because I think you will really like the staying power which is what we oily lids usually have a problem with.


DISCLAIMER: I have not tested the eyeshadow qualities of the regular non holiday/special/limited edition TRUE COLOR quads so I cannot say if they are good or not. Also, I am not sure how holiday/special/limited edition works with AVON because I do not know if they bring this particular Glitz and Glamour Quad every Christmas or if once it is sold out then it's gone. I am not usually a fan of buying limited edition items because if I really like it then I don't want it to go away and I feel it's not fair to review products that people cannot go out and buy if they so choose. I just want to give a heads up and make sure people are aware that this product may or may not be available to purchase. I will try to specify whether a product is in the regular collection or holiday/special/limited edition of a product.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment