Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wet N Wild Mega Slicks Lip Gloss #581A Mauve-Jave Desert

Hi everyone!



This week I am continuing to review the four lipgloss products from Wet N Wild. In this blog I am going to be reviewing the Wet N Wild Mega Slicks Lip Gloss #581A in Mauve-Jave Dessert. I am conflicted about the actual name of the product because on the actual lip gloss it calls it Mauve-Jave Desert, but on the website it calls it Mauve-Jave Dessert. As you can see there is a difference in spelling of the product name. It could be either desert or dessert. To me personally it sounds better as desert than dessert, but that is just my personal preference.

The normal price of this product is $1.99, but I bought it on sale. I don't remember how much exactly I paid for it, but it was somewhere between 99 cents and $1.50. Out of all of the lipglosses that I bought from Wet N Wild's Mega Slicks Lip Gloss collection this was the one I liked the least. I was expecting better pigment, but it just wasn't there. If you are looking for a very very light pigment then this is okay, but I was not looking for that and I was not expecting that for this product, especially with the awesome pigment with the other two lipglosses. It was very disappointing. If you are looking for very slight color, mostly glossy this is a product for you. If you are looking for a pigment then this product is not for you.


RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Pigment: 6/10
Smell: 7/10
Taste: 8/10
Application: 9/10
Feel of product on lips: 9/10
Longevity: 7/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Would I buy this product again: 6/10
Overall rating: 7/10
Total rating: 89/110=80.9%=B

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments: The price is excellent, especially when it is on sale. The packaging is cute. Like I stated in the above paragraphs, I was very disappointed with the pigment of this lipgloss. I was really hoping that it would have more of a pigment because it looks like a really pretty color in the tube. There is a bit of a smell to it, a very light sweet smell, but not overpowering, especially when applied to the lips. I would say that this one doesn't have as bad an after taste as some of the other lipglosses. The application goes on smoothly and evenly. The product doesn't feel sticky, thick, or heavy. As with all lipglosses, the longevity of them tend to be very short. This doesn't claim to be long lasting so I didn't judge it as harshly as I normally would. You get a lot of product for the money. I would personally not buy this particular color again because it looks so pretty in the tube, but it doesn't apply that pretty color to the lips. If it did this would get 100% rating because I love the tube color. 

Thank you for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment