Friday, September 7, 2012

E.L.F. (Eyes.Lips.Face) HD Powder

Hi makeup fans!


 

 This blog is going to be about the Eyes.Lips.Face/E.L.F./EyesLipsFace HD Powder (according to website it is the: E.L.F. Studio High Definition Powder).

I received the package with all of my EyesLipsFace products that I had ordered before I started blogging about the makeup products I was buying. I opened the E.L.F. HD Powder. There was a clear sticky plastic covering so I didn't even give it a second thought about peeling it off. Then I put the powder pad that it comes with back in the box and closed it. It has a plastic covering inside with holes that is supposed to control the product coming out. Apparently they put too many holes in it because after I turned it over to get some product and went to try to open it which requires twisting the lid like 10 times, there was too much product that came out and as I was untwisting it the product started coming over the sides. It was very messy! That is when I realized that the packaging of this product is horrible! They tried to make it into a really cute design. I thought it was super cute as I was first opening it. I didn't think it was so cute after I was trying to get to the product. The white powder gets all over. I think it is because they put too many holes in the plastic lid on the inside that is supposed to control the product. The reason why it irritates me so much is because not only is the product messy, but you are also going to be losing a lot of product just by opening it each time. I don't like losing product. I will say that I was very surprised at how much product you do get for the price. You definitely get a lot of product for the money. I don't say that about a lot of E.L.F. products because I did notice that a lot of them are cheaply priced, but also come in small packages too. This one gives a very fair amount. I guess it's a good thing they give a lot of product because you will end up losing about half of it just by opening the packaging to get to the product.

I don't like the packaging because it gives too much product which leads to messiness and loss of product. I also didn't like the pad that it comes with. When I tried to use the pad to put the product on my face I was wearing foundation, I forget which one, I am going to assume the Covergirl Foundation since I am trying to get rid of that one. The foundation was rubbing off on the pad. My foundation was coming off onto the pad. That was frustrating. I noticed that even though the powder is supposed to go on translucent that with the pad the powder was leaving white patches on my face. If you rub too hard with the pad then more foundation comes off. I think I ordered a blush brush with the HD powder order so I used that and I noticed a world of difference. My foundation was not coming off and the powder was actually blending in instead of leaving white spots all over my face. I would definitely recommend using a brush, either a blush brush or a stippling brush. I have since ordered a stippling brush and I am really liking it!

The price of the product is $6.00.

RATING

Price: 10/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Packaging: 6/10
Translucency: 9/10
Texture: 9/10
'Flawless' face/masking imperfections: 7/10
Setting foundation: 10/10
Powder effect: 7/10
No foundation: 7/10
Would I buy it again: 8/10
Overall product: 8/10
Total rating:91/110=82.7%=B

My personal rating: 9/10=90%=A-

Comments: the first couple of ratings I explained in the above two paragraphs. The texture of the powder is very grainy in the packaging and to the touch, but goes on smoothly. According to the website description it is supposed to create a flawless face, but I don't think it really did much in terms of making my face look flawless. It did fill some of my large pores so that they didn't stand out so much. It is really hard to create a flawless face on my skin so I noticed my skin looked a bit smoother, but not flawless. Another description from the website says that it's supposed to mask imperfections. I think it does an okay job, but nothing extraordinary. I think the powder does a good job of setting the foundation. Under powder effect I was thinking about how the powder effects the skin and for me it actually felt very dry even after I put it on over moisturizer, primer, and foundation. I would be careful with this product because I felt like it did dry my skin out and made it look dry, but not flaky. If you have oily skin this product would probably work very well because for oily skin it could probably use some drying out. For my dry/oily in the T-zone skin combination, I would probably bring this powder to use it in my oily T-zone areas, especially when half way through the day when I start getting an oily T-zone. It's not meant for that, but it could definitely be used for that. Just be careful on dry skin because this powder is dry and with my skin it made it feel and look a bit dry. When I tried to use this powder without foundation, I feel that it did an okay job, but not awesome. It definitely helped to hide my big pores, but it didn't really cover the redness on my face. I personally would not wear this product without foundation unless I wanted the I'm wearing, but not wearing makeup look, if that makes sense. If I'm running to the post office and will be out for a half an hour or so, I just wanted to look like I tried without trying, I would, but I feel my face requires full coverage foundation.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment