Thursday, September 27, 2012

Wet N Wild Mega Slicks Lip Gloss in #578 Sinless

Hi everyone!






 
This week I am going to do another round of lipgloss reviews. I am going to be reviewing the Wet N Wild Mega Slicks Lip Gloss. I am honestly not entirely sure how to rate this product because I have four lipglosses in different colors. Two of them I absolutely adore and the other two I am not very excited about. I feel like this is a very hit or miss product. That is why I mostly review products separately and do not make assumptions on the overall product ratings. Even though it may seem a bit annoying that I am reviewing Wet N Wild lipglosses four different times, I would like it to be known that more than likely there is a reason for it. Last week when I reviewed a specific C.O. Bigelow product that I have a bias for, but also extended the rating to the other products because they all work amazingly well. It doesn't matter what flavor you get it will do the job. But with the Wet N Wild Mega Slicks Lip Gloss products it definitely varies. It may appear redundant, but I assure you that it is not and it is not meant to be.

With that out of the way, in this blog I am going to review the Wet N Wild Mega Slicks Lip Gloss in #578 Sinless. It was a very pretty, fun, bright pink color. This was the first one that I bought, but I was in a local Walgreens a while back and just happened to see it on a counter. It had been misplaced. I was probably looking for a cute, cheap lipgloss. I actually found it by accident. I paid $1.99 for this product.


RATING:

Price: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Pigment: 9/10
Smell: 9/10
Taste: 7/10
Application: 10/10
Feel of product on lips: 9/10
Longevity: 7/10
Amount of product: 10/10
Would I buy this product again: 10/10
Overall product rating: 9/10
Total rating: 100/110=90.9%=A

My personal rating: 9.5/10=95%=A

Comments: The price of this product is very cheap, usually only $1.99. The awesome thing about this product is that my local Walgreens has a lot of sales on this product to where it is as low as 99 cents for each product. I think that the pigment is very good on this lip gloss especially for the price. It is very cute packaging and comes with a wand applicator. The color that's in the tube matches fairly decently to the color on the lips. There is a slight smell to this lipgloss, but it's not overpowering. Once applied to the lips you cannot smell it. The taste of the product is pretty bad. It tastes like chemicals is the closest I can think of as far as a comparison is concerned. The application of the product is that it applies very smoothly to the lips. The feel of the product is that it it doesn't feel sticky, heavy, or thick. The longevity of the product is not very good because it comes off easily, but it's a normal lip gloss so I don't hold it to lasting a long time. If it was advertised as long lasting then I would rate it according to that, but this is just a normal lip gloss so unfortunately it is not going to last very long on the lips. That is why I didn't rate it too harshly. You get a lot of product for the amount of money you pay for the product. If I think of anything else, I will let you know.

Thank you for reading!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment