Thursday, September 6, 2012

Covergirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup in #410 Classic Ivory

Hi fellow makeup fans!




This blog is going to be about the Covegirl TRUblend Liquid Makeup (liquid foundation) in skin tone 1 in #410 Classic Ivory.

I think I used this in a video or two that I made. I used it because I am trying to get rid of it. I don't like throwing products away, even the not so good ones. I realized a few months ago that the reason why I am not a big fan of this foundation is because it is too liquid-like. I can't tell if it is water or oil. I would assume oil, but the website says it is oil-free which would explain why it dries out somewhat after application. That is also not very good for my dry skin. Because it is so liquid-like, I noticed that the coverage is light to maybe medium. The formula is not very easy to work with so building coverage is not really an option, at least for my dry skin.

For some reason even though it is very liquid-like, it does not work well with dry skin. It shows dry skin flakes. One time I didn't realize how dry my skin was because I guess I couldn't see it, but when I tried to put the foundation on, it was pretty gross looking. No matter what I did with the foundation I could not cover it up. That was a really horrible experience. That is when I decided that once I finished the product, I was not going to buy it again. It's also not quite what I was looking for. I go for the full coverage with oil/sweat proof. That is why when I first found out MAC made a foundation like that I went straight to the MAC counter close to my area to buy it. I really like it. But that's off topic.

The Covergirl Trublend liquid foundation did cover up my redness because I made the mistake of wearing it when I went to my first MAC counter. The sales girl could not tell I had redness until I wiped off some of my cheek area to try out the MAC foundations. I guess it must have been a good day when my skin was behaving, but it still didn't look the way I want my foundation to look. I like the packaging. It is definitely easy to store, it's small in size, but you do get a lot of product. I like the fact it comes with a pump so you can pump the foundation out. I would not recommend this foundation for dry skin or dry combination (dry with oily t-zone) skin types.

RATING

Price: 7/10
Amount: 7/10
Packaging: 9/10
Coverage: 7/10
For different skin types: 7/10
Application: 7/10
Overall: 7/10
Matches skin tone (as advertised): 7/10
Would I buy it again: 3/10
Total rating:61/90=67.7%=D+

My personal rating: 7/10=70%=C


Comments:
According to walmart.com their price is listed at $8.44, but I bought this a year or so ago so I don't remember exactly how much I paid for it. Probably around $7. I wouldn't say it's good for the price. I would not spend that much on it. You do get a decent amount of product though. It's just that this foundation was not for me. I would not recommend this product for people who have very dry skin because it shows. I would also not recommend this for dry combination skin with an oily T-zone because it applies really wet/oily so it might just slide off. The foundation is a bit hard to work with, especially for layering for more coverage, and it dries out a little bit after application, but it still comes off easily with sweat.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment