Friday, September 14, 2012

C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine in Vanilla Cola


 

 

Hi everyone!


Today's blog is going to be about the C.O. Bigelow Mentha Lip Shine in a Vanilla Cola flavor. Unfortunately, I do not believe that they sell this anymore. I am having a very sad face because I love this flavor! It looks like they replaced this with a Vanilla Mint flavor. That's too bad...

I was introduced to C.O. Bigelow by my mom quite a few years ago. She has since passed away. But she knew me very well because she bought this for me on one of her shopping trips. She knows that I am obsessed with both Vanilla Coke and lipgloss =-) Besides really loving the flavor, I think that this is an amazing product. When you first put it on there is a bit of a tingling sensation that doesn't hurt, but you can just tell the product is working. It leaves my lips feeling super refreshed, moisturized, and it makes for better lipstick/lipgloss application. I will admit that sometimes I put it on just so I can lick it off. You can also just wear it by itself if you just want a glossy look to the lips.

What I usually do is use the C.O. Bigelow Mentha lip buffer for a few minutes then wipe it off. Then I put on either the Mentha Lip Shine in Vanilla Cola, Spearment, or Peppermint. I usually leave it on my lips while I am doing other things to my face. Then by the time I am done doing my face makeup my lips are ready for whatever I decide to put on them whether it be lipstick, lipgloss, or both!

According to C.O. Bigelow's website the price of the Mentha Lip Shine is $7.50 for a decent size tube. I think it is definitely worth the price! I think it might be cheaper at Bath and Body Works. I looked at their website and it says that they sell it for about $5.

RATING:

Price: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Packaging: 10/10
Conditions lips: 10/10
Color: 10/10
Feel: 10/10
Multiple uses: 10/10
Longevity of smell: 7/10
Longevity of product on lip: 7/10
Quality: 10/10
Would I buy this again: 10/10
Overall product: 9/10
Total rating:  113/120=94.16%=94.2%=A

My personal rating: 10/10=100%=A+


Comments: I think the ones sold at B&B Works are smaller size than the ones on the actual company website. I love this flavor so I had to give it 10/10 for that! All of them do have a smell, but it's not a bad smell. There are different flavors to choose from or go with the classic gum flavors. The packaging is pretty cute! It definitely moisturizes and conditions chapped/dry lips. You can feel a huge difference as soon as you apply the product to your lips! I put 10/10 on color because it technically doesn't have a color to it so you can either leave it as is for a glossy look and apply lipstick/other gloss over it or under it. If you are not looking for color it's perfect for just a nice healthy glossy looking lips or you can add colored products over it if you are looking for color. Some people complained about it being too sticky/thick, but I don't get that at all. Maybe it is a little thicker than most lipglosses, but I think it's not overbearing. Like I said in the above paragraphs as well as this one that it can be used in many different ways. It restores dry/chapped lips into a smooth canvas to work with so you can use the product just to get healthy lips, you can use the product as a clear glossy shine for the lips, and you can add other products to it to your desire! The only problem I have with this product is that the smell doesn't last very long and neither does the shine, but the beauty of it is that it even though the smell and gloss wear off, the work that the product does on the lip does not =-) You are left with soft, healthy, moisturized lips! Heck yes I would buy this product, but I can't buy this specific one which is sad, but the other ones work amazingly well also.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment