Thursday, September 20, 2012

Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm in Beloved/Adoration

Hi everyone!


 

In the blog for today I have decided to do a review on a product that got huge reviews on youtube by other makeup people. It is the Revlon Just Bitten Lipstain and Balm and I got mine in Beloved/Adoration. This product is the reason why I really wanted to start my own blogs and videos on products because this product was way overhyped. I don't want to mention any specific names, but they were by people who are very well respected to review products on youtube. I know that I have not done a lot of lip products so I am trying to include more of those since I am not focused on finding other products right now. Lipglosses are my favorite topic!

I watched a few youtube videos and got really excited about this product so I decided to go out and buy it. I think I bought this lipstain and balm from my local target. It ended up being super disappointing in so many ways. For example the pigmentation of it was not very good, it is very dry and drying, hard to work with (it doesn't apply evenly), and the biggest reason why I do not like this product at all is because it literally, to me, feels like I am taking a Crayola marker and trying to apply it to my lips. Enough said...

I don't remember how much exactly I paid for this product, but according to the target website, it says it is between $6.69 and $7.99. I should also mention that since it has been a while since I bought this product, apparently Revlon came out with a remake of this product. Those are called Revlon Kissable Balm Stain. It looks a lot better than this first round of this product.

Even though I really don't like the lipstain part of the product, this product comes with a separate, but attached lip balm. I really like the lip balm, but it is definitely not worth spending that amount of money just for a little lip balm.  I usually use the lip balm just by itself. No need to waste good product.

RATING:

Price: 7/10
Packaging: 6/10
Size of product (amount): 7/10
Smell: 6/10
Taste: 7/10
Pigment: 5/10
Application: 6/10
Texture: 6/10
Lip balm: 10/10
Longevity: 5/10
Different lip types: 6/10
Overall rating: 6/10
Would I buy this product again: 3/10
Total rating: 80/130=61.53%=61.5%=D-

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D- (that's being generous but I do like the lip balm)

Comments: I think it is overpriced for this crap of a product that was very cheaply made. I gave the packaging portion a bad rating because It looks and feels just like a Crayola marker which I don't really associate with lips. The color is cute, the writing is cute, the name of the product is cute, and I like how they separated the lipstain from the lip balm, but the terribleness of the product makes it easy to overlook the good things. The lipstain tries to have a sweet smell to it and the lip balm doesn't really have a smell, it is a fairly neutral smell but a little bit on the sweet side. As far as taste goes it doesn't actually have a taste, but I got a Crayola marker taste a little bit. I gave pigment a low rating because trying to apply this crap to the upper lip is ridiculous and frustrating. The way this product was designed you have to pretty much be laying down when applying this to the upper lip because it dries out quickly and if you hold it at an angle for too long then it won't apply at all... on the lower lip it does not apply evenly at all. For application I gave it too nice of a score I think because it is really hard to work with and because the product is so dry it dries out the lips. Once you can actually apply the product it doesn't stay on very long and actually I found that when I tried to apply the included lip balm over the lipstain, even after allowing it to dry, the lip balm would take the lipstain off. Some people complained about their lip balm breaking off too easily, but I have not personally experienced that. I would say the texture is smooth and not sticky feeling on the lips. I definitely would not recommend this product for or on dry lips, but if you use a product to moisturize the lips then completely forget about any kind of pigment. First you would have to moisturize lips, but then not use the lipstain right away. Wait for the moisturizing product to wear off. It is a very frustrating product.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment