Monday, June 4, 2012

Clinique 3-Step Skincare (after 2 weeks)

Hi fellow makeup fans!

 

Clinique 3-Step skincare system after 2 weeks use:

I already did a blog last week after my first week of using the Clinique 3-step skincare system. Week 2 has definitely been an interesting week. Before I go any further, I would like to mention that I do believe the issues I have had with this 3-step system is because I was using a wash cloth and my skin is a lot more sensitive than I thought it was. Even though I would try to use the wash cloth gently it still seemed to have caused some irritations. But don't let that discourage you from trying the product. I really think it was the way I was using the liquid soap. One thing I will mention is that if you do have very dry skin I would try using the extra mild liquid soap because I have noticed that I have had issues with the mild soap drying out my skin even more, especially when I don't use it in the shower, but use the wash cloth. 

If you are looking for details about my skin then please read my first blog about the Clinique 3-step system because I have very detailed information about my skin to give you a more accurate guide about this product!

On Sunday, May 27th I noticed that I had developed a rash on my lower right cheek. It looked as though I had rubbed my skin off. It hurt a little bit. It hurt more so when I tried to washed my face and used the liquid toner. This was earlier in the week when I was still not sure whether the issue was the actual product or because I was using a wash cloth. 
On Monday, May 28th I decided to wash my face without using the wash cloth and the rash started healing. On Tuesday, May 29th I still had a little bit of the rash showing and I noticed that even though I had not used makeup on my face for a couple of days because of the skin issue that I was still having minor breakouts. It was on and around my nose area. It was around the same area as where I have minor breakouts before using the product. I am going to assume that the product was getting whatever was under my skin in those areas was being cleared out, therefore, causing small breakouts. 
On Wednesday, May 30th I noticed minor breakouts around my left temple area I had one, the left side of my nose, and some minor breakouts on both of my upper cheeks. 
On Friday, June 1st I developed a dry chin. That lasted for a couple of days, but has since cleared up and is not dry anymore.

I had a lot more issues the second week of using this product than the first week. In the first week I broke out in a couple of places that were normal for me to break out once in a while. 

Recommendations when using this product:

  • If you have very sensitive or very dry skin I would avoid using a wash cloth with this product, I would use it in the shower which I noticed I didn't have as much issues with the product, and if you do wash outside of the shower avoid using a wash cloth
  • If you have very sensitive or very dry skin I would also recommend trying their extra mild soap which I am going to do after I use up the mild facial liquid soap and give an update on what happens with that
  • Expect some breakouts when first starting out using the product because it could be deep cleaning underneath the skin which come out in blemish form, this could last as little as two weeks and up to a couple of months while your skin is being deep cleaned 
  • If you have very dry to dry skin I would recommend drinking plenty of water when using this product- water is good anyway, but I think being hydrated from the inside out will definitely help eliminate dryness. I noticed when I wasn't drinking as much water is when I started having extra dryness issues
  • Try using less of the product on your face than someone normally would, because I feel like two pumps is too much for me, but I wanted to use the recommended amount to really test out the product
  • Try avoiding over rubbing the product into the skin which I may also have been doing
  • Try avoid using hot water. I would use warm to luke warm water when washing the face. When using too hot water for your skin also tends to create issues I have noticed

   

Other information about the product:

Another thing that I would like to add is that applying these products takes more than 3 minutes. I can't remember off the top of my head where I read or heard it being advertised that it only takes 3 minutes for the whole process and I am here to say that it takes more than just 3 minutes. I would say it takes me at least 10 minutes for the whole process of rushing through it. The longest it has taken me is about 20-25 minutes.

I wait for the water to warm up, I apply the wet water to my face, I apply two pumps to my hand of the mild liquid facial soap, then I apply the liquid soap to my face with my index finger, I gently rub the product into my skin, I leave it on for about a minute or so, then I wash off the product and gently wipe my face. I wait for it to dry which takes a few minutes.

The second step is to use the liquid toner. I put it on a cotton ball. I tip the bottle twice for about 5 seconds each. I apply it to my face. I wait for that to dry.

The third step is to apply the moisturizer. I use two pumps of the moisturizer all over my face.  

The Good about the Product:

I do really like this product, but it does have a few downfalls to it. Since I reviewed the product critically throughout the entire blog and the first blog, in this section I would like to focus on what I liked about the product. What I like about the product is that the first week I started using my skin instantly became a lot smoother/softer than before. I love touching the skin on my face now. I saw a major reduction in the size of my pores. It has not made them completely disappear, but when I use the product I can definitely see a difference. My pores are reduced to a smaller size which I am very excited about. I feel that the overall look of my face has improved because it looks healthier. Even though the liquid soap sometimes dries my skin out a little bit, but the liquid exfoliator and the moisturizer are amazing! I don't have dry skin patches on my cheeks and oily T-zone. It evened out my entire skin as it needed. It adds moisture to my dryness and takes away oil from my where it needs to. I have some redness to my skin, especially in the cheeks, and I feel that the product has evened out my redness so that it doesn't stand out as much. You don't look at my face and instantly see redness, but rather it blended it out with my skin tone if that makes sense. I'm not sure how to explain it exactly. I have noticed that putting on makeup is a lot easier and looks a lot better than before. I used to have some dry skin flakiness issue when using makeup products whether liquid or powder, but that issue has not come up. I feel confident in applying and wearing foundation. I don't have to worry about the foundation looking flaky. These products definitely have good things about them! I am going to continue using this product for now because it fits what I am looking for. I feel that with each use my skin tone gets more even and in the one area I had minor pimple problems in one area has gone away. I am hoping that once the product cleanses the other areas that need it then the whole small pimples issue will be done with. I also started wondering if the liquid foundation I was using was causing the breakout problem which is more than likely the case. These products have improved the overall health of my skin, is reducing my pores and redness, and makes applying foundation so much better. The few weeks of going through some breakouts and dryness has not deterred me from continuing to use this product. I just might switch from mild to extra mild, not use a wash cloth, and use less of the product.

Rating:

On a 10 point scale. 0 being the worst and 10 being the best.

Packaging: 7/10
Smell: 10/10
Product size: 8/10
Price: 6/10
On pimples/redness: 8/10
On medium pores: 8/10
Product options: 10/10
Overall skin health: 10/10
Makeup application: 9/10
Would I buy this product again: 9/10
Overall rating based on points:  85/100=85%=B
My opinionated overall rating of the product: 8.5/10=85%=B

Comments: the reason why this product lost points is because not everyone can afford to spend $65 a month on skincare products, which is one of the biggest reasons why this product lost points. This product is not meant for people who suffer from acne issues, but very minor pimples here or there. But they do sell a separate system that focuses entirely on acne. The packaging is nothing exciting. The product size is not bad for the price. 

I hope this helps!

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment