Thursday, June 14, 2012

Macy's Trial Size Products from 06/01/2012

Hi fellow makeup fans!


I was thinking that this week I was going to do reviews on the Macy's trial size products that they sent me. The more I thought about it the more I realized that with the very small sizes I got I should really refrain from doing reviews on them. All of them are basically a one time use of the product. Sometimes when you are first excited about a product and first try it out you are going to rave about it, but then you don't actually get to see how a product actually works. It might work really well the first time or it might go horribly wrong the first time. I don't want to put my name on a review that I cannot be proud of doing. I think I have decided that I am just going to go down the list of first impressions about the product to talk about it, but not actually review them, and if it's a product that I am thinking about buying I might just dish up the money to actually buy the product so that I can give an honest review about the product. I will mention if I am thinking about looking further into a product. If I do eventually get it then I will test it out and then write an actual review about the product that I bought and tested. I just think that would be more fair to my readers/video viewers and to the product itself.

I was really excited when I found out Macy's was sending free trial trinkets with my order, but after a couple of weeks the excitement wore off. I realized just how small the products I got were. I realized that there is not enough product for a fair review. It's not worth it.  

Hydroxatone Hydrolyzed Advanced Under Eye Formula:

When I first opened it I noticed some of the cream had hardened. I am assuming you will have to be careful with the storage of this product. I smelled it and it has a very mild sweet soapy smell. The cream appears very thick. It has like a yellowish color to it. I am honestly afraid to put this near my eye... when I touched the cream it seemed very thick, but it was easy to spread under my eye. I don't currently have bags under my eyes, but I do have dark circles under my eyes along with some lines, which would explain why the cream is yellow because yellow is used in concealers to coverup the dark circles. I do think that it covered the dark circles nicely, but on my left eye it seems to have darkened the lines to make it look like I had two small puffy bags under my eye... I rubbed the cream in more and it seems to have worked. Make sure you rub it in really good especially if you have lines under your eyes. It's not a bad product, but I'm not sure if I would be okay with the price.

According to Macys.com Macy's store online website, the price of this cream is $80. For me I would say that this product is out of my makeup budget range. If you have the money for it, then why not. According to the website description it says that it is supposed to help with under eye wrinkles, but I feel like it made them show more, especially under my left eye.

I probably will not be pursuing buying this product because quite frankly there is no way I can afford that. It was nice to try it though.

Laura Geller Spackle under make-up Primer:

When I first opened it I like the trial size package they put the product in because you twisted the top of the cardboard but the product still was protected. There is a light cleaning smell to it, but it's so light that I would say it's more neutral. I put it all of my cheek area. I am currently waiting for this product to dry. As far as first impressions I am not jumping out of my seat for this product. I feel that it is your typical face primer. There is nothing that has given me any impression that it's better than anything else. It felt very liquid-like. It took some time to dry. I don't really notice any different from any other primer I have used. It does the job of a primer.

According to Macys.com the Macy's online website, the price of this primer is $25 for a 2 ounce bottle. I thought it was going to be a lot more. That price is actually not bad and definitely worth looking into.

I am definitely thinking about pursuing buying this product because the price really surprised me. I really thought it was going to be more. It seems like you get a lot of product for the price. It does it's job. I will compare it to MAC's primers and then make my final decision. It will be a while, but it's something I am interested looking further into.

Cargo OneBase Concealer + Foundation in One:


I really liked the packaging of this product because I thought it was going to be another product I would have to squeeze on my fingers to put on, but actually the trial size package came with a wand in the cap. That was pretty cool! It was completely unexpected! It was a nice little surprise. I don't remember if I got to choose my shade for this product or not. I am assuming since it is foundation I probably did. As far as I can tell there is absolutely no smell to this product. Those who don't like fragrance or are allergic to certain fragrances can use this product! This product is easy to apply as a concealer under the eyes because of the wand. I really like that idea as you can tell. I think as far as the product goes it is okay there is nothing amazing about it. It is foundation. I put this product over the Laura Geller Primer and I don't feel these two mixed very well together. I just feel like it shows my pores more than I would like up close. From some distance you can't really see, but up close I can see my large pores. Ugh. It went on semi-smoothly. I used the wand and then blended it in with my fingers. I think I would be more likely to use this as an under eye concealer than actual foundation. It does seem a bit thick. It goes on lightweight. I'm not sure which product didn't do it's job but I don't like the way it looks on me. I also noticed that this concealer made the Hydroxatone product I put under my eyes to form into a ball so I had to wipe that off. It was pretty gross. I was putting this product on under my eyes as a concealer with the wand and all of a sudden the other product started coming off into a ball. I do like this product as a concealer, I'm just not sure I would wear it as a foundation.

According to Macys.com the Macy's store online website, the price of this product is $27. Apparently the trial size that I got is the actual product which I'm not sure if that is good or bad... I did choose which color I wanted so I chose their OB-02 Fair foundation. It apparently comes in a tube with a wand inside as their actual product. I am assuming that the actual product size is bigger than the trial size, but I honestly can't tell from the website. Yeah it appears to be a bit bigger. According to their description they advertise this more as a concealer than a foundation. It talks about carrying this around to conceal certain areas, but the foundation part comes in when after you are doing concealing areas it dries to a foundation look without having to wear foundation all of the face. I can't really use this product because it says that it is meant for those who don't wear all over foundation and it is not a full coverage foundation which I could tell because of the way my pores stood out in the light. When I read that its' not meant for full coverage I got turned off by this product.

I might check out this product as a concealer, but it is definitely not meant to be a foundation. What they meant by foundation was that it blends in to the skin so you can't tell that you just put on concealer. I guess it makes sense why it came with a wand. I am not sure. I did like this product as a concealer. I might look into this product for that reason. The price isn't bad. I would have to use an actual foundation along with this product to achieve the full coverage I am looking for. I am going to say I will look into it.

Stila stay all day 10-in-1 HD beauty balm:

The first time I tried this product I put it on my lips because it said the word balm. I had a feeling that is not what they meant. This one has a very strong I would say sweet and citrus smell to it. Even when I put it on my face I could smell it. I personally don't care about the smell because it doesn't bother me, but it is pretty strong. I want to say it smells like apples mixed with a citrus smell. When I applied it to my face the product felt thick and it was kind of hard to spread around on the skin. I really had to work it in. It dries quickly from the thick liquid to a powdery foundation which is kind of cool. This product also has a tint to it and I don't remember if I got to choose my shade or not.

According to Macy.com the Macy's store online website, the price of this product is $38 for a 1.5 fluid ounce. That's a bit up there for the size. It says that it is supposed to create a flawless canvas for makeup application and it is supposed to stay on all night. It definitely leaves a powdery finish. But it is a bit hard to put on and spread out. I guess you have to work kind of fast with this product. It says that it is ideal for all skin tones and it is supposed to do a lot of good things for the the skin... the problem is with the small amount I got I don't know if it reduces wrinkles, reduces fine lines, increase anti-oxidant activity, and help reduce redness/skin irritation... I personally don't like the way it looks on my skin because I had to work it into my skin with some power. It was not as easily to glide on as they claim. If it does all that it claims to then it is definitely worth it.

I think I will look further into this product and check it out i the future. I am just a bit confused if it supposed to be a face primer or primer and foundation. I will have to look into that. I will also have to look into if it does what it actually says it does.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment