Thursday, June 7, 2012

Fructis Triple Nutrition Dry, Damaged Hair

Hi fellow makeup fans!


This blog is going to be about the Fructis Triple Nutrition for Dry, Damaged hair shampoo and conditioner. I have been using this for at least 6 months now. I think I used the small bottle versions for a few months. I don't remember exactly how long I have been using it, but it has been a while. I am not entirely sure why I have used it for so long because it doesn't do what it says it is supposed to. I have not noticed anything different about my hair. The product doesn't last long in the hair. The shampoo part of the product I think actually cleans my hair and makes it feel like it is clean. The conditioner part I think is a bit too heavy and at times weighs my hair down. It looks greasy like I had not washed it. I don't like that. After I would wash the conditioner out then my hair returned to looking and feeling dry. Eventually a few months into doing this I went out and bought another product to combat that look. I used the Aussie leave in conditioner spray which then put moisture back in my hair and didn't make it look greasy on top and dry on the bottom. That has definitely helped until recently I found an Aussie deep conditioning product that I also use in the shower now that I really like! I will do review on those in the next coming blogs!

I am running out of the fructis product of the big bottles and I think I am going to try another hair product because I just don't think it's doing what I want it to. I bought it because it's one of the cheaper shampoo and conditioner combinations. I was really hoping that because I got the triple nutrition and it says specifically for dry and damaged hair. I don't use a lot of products in or on my hair. If I was actually doing that then I would definitely not use this fructis shampoo and conditioner because then my hair would probably be even more dried out and damaged. I will have to look around in the shampoo and conditioner isles for another product that might work better. I would say this is one of those products that when you first bring it home and use it, it works, but for long term, I have not seen any positive change in my hair since using this product.


How I used this product:

I would get different results when using this shampoo and conditioner products. If I used less shampoo and more conditioner then my hair would look oily on top with my hair looking flat, while the dry part would puff out. If I used more shampoo than conditioner then my hair would dry out and look dry plus created frizz on top. If I used the same amount of shampoo and conditioner then my hair would look oily and flat on top and puffed out on the bottom. This product just did not work for me.


A tip for hair care:

I would strongly advise against using a shampoo and conditioner in one product, especially if you have my hair because those definitely don't work. When I would use the Herbal Essence 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner I felt like it would dry my hair out because it was not getting the conditioning that it needed. I don't use that product anymore so I probably won't do a review on it unless I run out of ideas, lol. I think it is better to buy the shampoo and conditioner separate because then you can control how much shampoo and conditioner you use depending on your hair. I used to do that to save money and it was not worth it.


Rating:

Cleansing: 8/10
Conditioning: 6/10
Shampoo longevity: 8/10
Conditioner Longevity: 3/10
Smell: 10/10
Price: 10/10
On dry/damaged hair: 5/10
Frizz: 3/10
De-tangling: 3/10
Overall product: 6/10
Would I buy it again: 6/10
Total rating:  68/110=61.8%=D

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments: I noticed that because the product did not work in my hair and dried it out that it would tangle a lot easier. When I tried to use the conditioner to detangle my hair the knot would still be there. It didn't really help with detangling and may have actually helped to tangle my hair. The product has a light herbal smell to it, but the smell doesn't linger on the hair after you wash it off. If you are looking for a good smelling shampoo or one that leaves your hair smelling good then this would not be it. If you don't mind mild herbal smell that doesn't stay in the hair then this is for you.

If there was ever a time where a product promised something without completely delivering it, this product would be it! I have not had good experiences with it.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment