Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Equate Mild Exfoilating Body Wash

Hi fellow makeup fans!


Sorry for the lack of blogs, but this week I have not been feeling very well so I have not been able to dedicate time to write the blogs that I have wanted to. I hope next week I keep up with my blogs better.

 Walmart Equate Mild Exfoliating Body Wash:

This blog is going to be about the Walmart brand Equate. I bought the Equate Mild Exfoliating Body Wash a few months ago. I think about 4-5 months ago. I have used Bath and Body Works body gels before because I loved the smell of them, but every time I used them I felt like they were not really cleaning. I didn't come out of the shower feeling clean. You know how some soap bars leave that soapy feeling? I felt like the products did that too. I was in Walmart one day looking at some products. I saw the Dove Mild Exfoliating body wash. I thought to myself I should try it. I was having some dry skin problems on my body that I wanted to get rid of. Right next to it I saw the Equate brand which was a few dollars cheaper than the Dove one. Since I didn't know if it would work or not I decided to go for the cheaper option just to see what would happen.

I am really liking it. I feel like it got the job done that I was looking for. It exfoliated my body skin to get rid of the skin that was on top and it leaves my skin feeling soft. I think that it moisturized the dry areas on my skin. I also liked the fact that when I came out of the shower I did not feel like I still had soap residue on my skin. I think that it actually does moisturize my skin.

I use my Equate Mild Exfoliating Body Wash with a $1 loofah that I also bought at Walmart. I squirt some of the product onto the loofah. Then I apply it to my body. I feel like the loofah also helps to exfoliate the skin along with the product.

As I have found out with the Clinique face wash that my skin on my face is very sensitive. I kind of knew my skin was on the sensitive side so that is why I decided to go with the mild exfoliating one rather than the regular one. I have not noticed any skin irritations at all, even with using the cheap loofah. I am really excited about that. I have not noticed any problems on my skin with using either product together.

I think that if you are looking for a cheap product for exfoliating the Walmart brand is pretty good. I'm sure there are other products out there that work a lot better, but you also have to realize that it comes with a price tag. Why not cut down on some of the expenses while still getting a product that does the job? I would definitely recommend this as an alternative to higher priced items.

The only negatives I have noticed about the product is that it leaves the exfoliating beads that are left over all over the tub which is kind of annoying because then I have to clean the tub more frequently than I normally would. But it is not a complaint about the actual product.

Rating:

On a scale of 0 to 10. O being the lowest, 10 being the highest.

Cleanliness: 8/10
Price: 10/10
Smell: 10/10
Moisturizing: 8/10
Exfoliating: 9/10
Skin sensitivity: 10/10
Body acne: 3/10
Skin dryness: 5/10
Would I buy it again: 10/10
Product score: 73/90=81.1%=B

My personal rating of the product: 9/10=90%=A

Comments: I noticed that the product doesn't have a smell so that could go either way. If you are looking for a body wash that smells good I would not go for this one. If you are not looking for a body wash that smells then this product is for you! Like I said I have not noticed either a good or bad smell, it seems to be neutral. I would not use this product if you are trying to 'cure' dry skin because even though I think it cleans the dry skin and leaves it feeling somewhat soft, I don't think this product does the job of actually healing dry skin. I have used it for a few months and I don't think it has done a good job with that. I have noticed that my dry skin doesn't hurt as much as it used to before where it cracked a lot easier. That was painful. I would not recommend this product if you have chest acne because it doesn't help with getting rid of chest acne either. These two reasons are why I had to lower the score.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment