Wednesday, June 13, 2012

EyesLipsFace (E.L.F.) Pro Eyeshadow Palette Limited Edition

Hi fellow makeup fans!

 


This blog is going to be a review of the EyesLipsFace Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette Limited Edition (a palette that comes with 100 different eye shadows) that I got from Target a while back when I first started hearing about E.L.F. products on youtube. That was probably at least 8 months ago. I went to my local target to check out their E.L.F. products collection. I am so mad at myself because our Target had an E.L.F trial station. I don't know why I didn't think to play around with the products because now they don't have it. It would have been nice to test out more of their products in the store rather than buying and trying at home. Although, it's so cheap that it's like you barely pay anything at all.

I was looking around at the products. I think I was looking for eye shadows at the time. I happened to look and see a 100 eye shadow palette. I got really excited. When I saw the price, I had to have it! I bought it thinking that it was going to be so awesome because it had all of these eye shadows and for such a great price. It has different eye shadow makes like some are matte, some are shimmery, I think at least one of the black colors has chunks of glitter in it, etc. I thought that was amazing!

When I got home I did swatches of the eye shadows on my fingers. With this product it is really either a hit or a miss, there is no in between... some of the colors, like half, had awesome pigment color payoff on my fingers, but when I try to apply it to the lid it is so unpigmented.... oh my gosh. It is very frustrating for me as you can tell. A lot of them are very hard to work with. I just don't think they blend together very well. Depending on the primer sometimes you can make the eye shadows last longer, but it has been very difficult to get the pigment of the colors to show up. Although in their defense I have only tried the E.L.F. eyelid primer and MAC Bare Study paint pot.

I think I paid $10 for it. I just realized that it is their Endless Eyes Pro Eyeshadow Palette Limited Edition. Their pro products cost a couple more dollars, but usually I have not had any problems with the pro line. It is definitely not limited edition because it has been out for at least 8 months! I do not recommend it unless you are looking for eye shadows that have very low pigment. I cannot see how their regular palette of eye shadows could be better than their pro palette...

My Eyeshadow Pet Peeve:

I don't really trust videos or blogs that do eye shadow swatches because a lot of the time the person doesn't tell you that they had to press super hard to get the pigment or that they had to pack the color on. What bothers me the most is when they don't tell you that the pigment of the eyeshadow on their finger appears more pigmented than when you actually try to use the eyeshadow on the lid! I don't think they do it intentionally, but I'm just weird and have to know!

Explanation of my E.L.F. Eyeshadow Pro Palette:

A while back one night I went through testing the pigment of each individual eyeshadow and which ever eye shadow I thought had very little to no pigment even on my finger I decided to take out of the palette so that I don't go through the frustration of trying to use it and it not working. I pretty much did it to ease my frustration with the product. I know it doesn't look good, but usually I am the only one seeing it anyway. That is an explanation as to why my pro palette looks the way that it does. Except recently the color in row 5, column 4 eye shadow has been broken for a while and the other day decided that it was going to fall out. It had some pigment so I had it in my palette, but it broke off and fell out so I guess that is done! I ended up taking out 13 eye shadows that had very little to no pigment out of the 100 eye shadows in the palette.

Rating:

Number of eye shadows in palette: 10/10
Size of eye shadow pans (amount): 6/10
Eyeshadow longevity on lids: 5/10
Palette longevity: 6/10
Price: 10/10
Eyeshadow pigment on fingers: 5/10
Eyeshadow pigment on eyelids: 5/10
Variety of eye shadow colors: 10/10
Variety of eye shadow finishes: 6/10
Overall product: 6/10
Would I buy this product again: 5/10
Total rating: 74/110=67.27%=D+

My personal rating: 6/10=60%=D

Comments: I would recommend this palette to teenagers who are just starting out with makeup or only wear one to two eye shadows at a time. I am sure very good makeup artists could work with this palette because some of them can take anything and turn it into amazingness! I am not one of those people. I kind of think that the eyeshadow pigments show up a bit more when I don't use a primer... Eye shadow longevity depends on what primer you use. The eye shadows are a bit small, but seem to have a lot of product that lasts a while if you don't use it very often and don't pack on the colors. I am definitely going to see what else is out there before buying this again.

I hardly use my E.L.F. palette.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment