Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Covergirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara (Blue Eyes)

 Hello everyone!


This blog is going to be about the Covergirl Exact Eyelights Eye-Brightening Mascara for blue eyes. The product is called Black Sapphire. I have had this mascara for a couple of years. I remember watching the Rihanna commercial where she was in a commercial promoting this product. I thought to myself, "I have to have this!" It wasn't necessarily because of Rihanna. I was really excited about a new product that had come out that was geared towards Blue Eyes. At the time I didn't really stop to think that black is a color that can be used by anyone to bring out their eye color. But this product was advertise as supposing to have I guess either blue crystals in it or something that was supposed to bring out blue eyes. I thought that was pretty cool. I wanted to try it.

If you had asked me like a year ago if this was my favorite go to mascara I would have answered yes. Without a doubt. Not because I felt it actually brought out my blue eyes the way that was advertise, but because I didn't know any better about the different formulas and styles of wands and so on. It is a decent mascara. I don't have anything really against it. It did the job of being a mascara. Would I say it necessarily brought out the blue in my eyes, no, but it is a good mascara. It just didn't do what it advertised to do. That was a bit disappointing.

I noticed that either the mascara wand or the formula was too thick so when I applied it to my lashes I would have tiny clumps stuck in my eye lashes. That was a pain. I did not think that it locked onto the lashes for easy application. Because I have oily lids I felt like it would leak into my eyes causing irritation. It isn't a waterproof mascara which means there is no way I can use it. I did put up with it for a long time. I just assumed that's just how mascaras are. Until recently when I bought my MAC waterproof mascara and I absolutely adore it! But this blog is about the Covergirl mascara.

I am not going to say it is a horrible product. Actually it is way better than their eye shadows. The black color actually shows up. As far as what was advertised I feel that the color black brings every eye color out so that's not really anything special. It clumps easily. It is not waterproof, but it wasn't advertised as such.

I'm pretty sure that I bought this mascara at Walmart. Their advertised price is about $7 but I don't remember how much I paid for mine.

Rating:

Price: 9/10
Advertisement (bringing out blue eyes): 6/10
Formula:  7/10
Wand: 7/10
Pigment: 10/10
Mascara longevity: 7/10
With oily lids: 5/10
Eye lash breakage/falling out: 7/10
Overall product: 7/10
Would I buy this product again: 5/10
Total product rating: 70/100=70%=C-

My personal product rating: 7/10=70%=C

Comments: under formula I was thinking about the thickness of the mascara formula and the wand. They are both on the thick side, but don't really grab the lashes to put the mascara on. I noticed this mascara lasts longer when it's not hot out or when my lids aren't as oily. The wand doesn't have long bristles so it doesn't grab the lashes the way it should to put the mascara on. I noticed I have had issues with eye lash breakage and falling out. I think because the formula is so thick my eye lash could not hold it so it bent, got in my eye, and then I had to break it off. That has happened a few times when using this mascara. I wouldn't rave about this product, but I also won't say it is the worst.

Sincerely,
Marina

No comments:

Post a Comment